Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't get why she gets irritated

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 217 Replies
Mil has a lot of toys for my kids at her house. When birthdays or Christmas comes around, she expects the toys she buys Roto stay at her house. These toys stay at her house. We don't visit often because she lives an hour away. Why do she do this? I want to tell her no more toys because of this
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 23, 2017 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 23, 2017 at 10:56 PM
9 moms liked this
You want to tell her not to buy toys for her own house? Get over yourself. If you want more toys at your own house, buy them with your own money.
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Nov. 23, 2017 at 10:57 PM
11 moms liked this
It sounds like a subtle attempt at forcing you to visit more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 23, 2017 at 10:57 PM
10 moms liked this
So, it's known before she gives them or she says this after the fact? Because I'd just take them with me when I leave if she gives the gift and then tries to tell us that they are staying at her house.

Or I'd invite her to my house. Give her a gift then tell her it's to stay at my house for when she visits.

Or I just wouldn't visit her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 23, 2017 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this
What does it matter what she keeps in her house? It just sounds like maybe she wants to see her grandkids more .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 23, 2017 at 11:01 PM
14 moms liked this

It sounds like scheming and manipulation which I don't deal with nicely.  I can't stand when grown women resort to that sort of stupidity and being shitty to kids instead of asking you to bring them more or asking when would be a good time for her to come visit you all.

PJMM
by Ruby Member on Nov. 23, 2017 at 11:03 PM
2 moms liked this
My mother keeps toys at her house however birthday and Christmas gifts get taken home. The other toys were always there so we never had to bother packing our own.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2017 at 11:05 PM
We don't even visit often enough for him to play with them usually for a birthday, the child brings the toys home.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You want to tell her not to buy toys for her own house? Get over yourself. If you want more toys at your own house, buy them with your own money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2017 at 11:06 PM
After the fact

Quoting Anonymous 3: So, it's known before she gives them or she says this after the fact? Because I'd just take them with me when I leave if she gives the gift and then tries to tell us that they are staying at her house.

Or I'd invite her to my house. Give her a gift then tell her it's to stay at my house for when she visits.

Or I just wouldn't visit her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 23, 2017 at 11:07 PM
Well then she should bring her ass to my house

Quoting Anonymous 4: What does it matter what she keeps in her house? It just sounds like maybe she wants to see her grandkids more .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 23, 2017 at 11:07 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm on the fence about this because on one hand she wants the kids to have it but on the other she wants to see the kids play with it when they visit.

My grandma gave all us kids two toys on Xmas Eve. We took one home and left one. We could swap them out. At a later we could ask to take stuff from her house to ours. Wasn't an issue.

I can see how this rubs people the wrong way. There's been times I didnt want my son taking something special from my house to his dad's because I didn't want it lost or broken. His dad has done the same.

I really wouldn't want the headache of the drama this could start.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)