Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grammar

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
1 mom liked this
Is it just me or ‘there house” instead of “their house”; “mom’s are here” instead of “moms are here”; “you’re socks” instead of “your socks”; “your here” instead of “you’re here” (I will leave out the sophisticated who’s instead of whose) etc. sound trashy...

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:49 AM
3 moms liked this
You are the only one bothered by it. There is no one else who corrects grammar on the internet
.oOPoisonOo.
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:49 AM

I simply don't care enough. I know what they are trying to say. 

DezarooMama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:51 AM
Yes, I completely agree that it sounds trashy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:54 AM
I love this.

Quoting lollip0p: You are the only one bothered by it. There is no one else who corrects grammar on the internet
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:58 AM
There are people who care about what their words say about them. To me, speaking and writing properly is very important. English is not my native language (I am Eastern European) but learning to speak and write proper English is prideful .

Quoting lollip0p: You are the only one bothered by it. There is no one else who corrects grammar on the internet
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:59 AM
Prideful?

Quoting Anonymous 1: There are people who care about what their words say about them. To me, speaking and writing properly is very important. English is not my native language (I am Eastern European) but learning to speak and write proper English is prideful .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 4:00 AM
You know, I know, too. It would be so much easier to not waste time figuring everything out...

Quoting .oOPoisonOo.:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 4:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Prideful isn’t the proper word. Ouch.

Quoting Anonymous 1: There are people who care about what their words say about them. To me, speaking and writing properly is very important. English is not my native language (I am Eastern European) but learning to speak and write proper English is prideful .

.oOPoisonOo.
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 4:02 AM

What? 

" I'm going their after dinner "

It's not hard to figure out what I'm trying to say. And I don't know how using a different word than what you intended makes you sound trashy.

Quoting Anonymous 1: You know, I know, too. It would be so much easier to not waste time figuring everything out...
Quoting .oOPoisonOo.:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 4:04 AM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Quoting lollip0p: Prideful?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)