Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

After thanksgiving bloat

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I can't possibly eat anything else. I didn't overeat but the types of foods have me painfully bloated. I feel terrible. I think I'm just going to fast for the next 24 hours and get back to feeling normal.
What are your tips and tricks to feeling better after eating foods that cause a lot of bloating or upset tummy in general?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Trouser.Mouse
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:28 AM
I drink lots of hot tea and give my stomach a chance to rest.

I had omitted almost all oil and sugar from my diet. The foods I ate yesterday had sugars and oil. I've gotten up 5 times in the night to poop. 😣
DanaG70
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:32 AM
Gas pills… 😂
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:33 AM
I need a good poop. And some detox tea. I had omitted carbs for the most part and was feeling great. I slowly added in small amounts of complex carbs only around workouts or lots of activity. Then i ate mac and cheese and stuffing plus pecan pie. It's like my digestion just came to a screeching halt. I even ran a mile after I ate yesterday. But then I ate again last night.

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: I drink lots of hot tea and give my stomach a chance to rest.

I had omitted almost all oil and sugar from my diet. The foods I ate yesterday had sugars and oil. I've gotten up 5 times in the night to poop. 😣
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Those have never worked for me, but I may just try again. Lol. I'm getting desperate. If I don't fart soon I think I'll explode.

Quoting DanaG70: Gas pills… 😂
12345abcde54321
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:51 AM
Yeah I'm giving my belly a break today too. Small, healthy meals when I absolutely need them. Otherwise water and ginger tea with lemon
That feast was awesome though 😎
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:59 AM
Take it easy today. Eat light meals like salads, veggies and fruits to snack and drink only water.
JoGibson
by on Nov. 24, 2017 at 7:05 AM
I take a water pill and drink water with lemon.

It helps a lot with the bloat. I also avoid salt completely.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 7:28 AM
Oh it was so good. Lol.

Quoting 12345abcde54321: Yeah I'm giving my belly a break today too. Small, healthy meals when I absolutely need them. Otherwise water and ginger tea with lemon
That feast was awesome though 😎
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 7:35 AM
I need that so bad. Carbs always do this to me which is why I rarely eat so many and simple carbs at that. Now I feel fluffy, bloated, and like my digestion just stopped. Ugh.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I got up this morning & took a nice healthy poop. But I will still take it easy on what I eat today. While dh will have left overs, I will have a salad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 7:36 AM
I'll do lemon water when I wake up. And detox tea. I forgot I have some. It's a natural laxative.

Quoting JoGibson: I take a water pill and drink water with lemon.

It helps a lot with the bloat. I also avoid salt completely.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)