Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom blames me because DD didnt show up to dinner yesterday

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies

Even though DD is a grown adult who doesnt live at home... I guess it is my fault. I guess I should have went to wherever she was and dragged her by the ear to my mom's house. 

She didnt let it go at all yesterday. All Thanksgiving she kept making rude comments. I asked her what she wanted me to do. She told me to give DD consequences and cut her off. She is an independent adult... cut her off from what? 

Also there are no consequences to give. It isnt like I can ground her or take away her stuff

My mom is going to be in for a rude awakening if she cant apologize because there is no way in hell I am going to Christmas if she doesnt stop this and say sorry.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2017 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 10:05 AM
Gee. I wonder why dd didn't want to come to Thanksgiving. You two sound psycho.
2blessed2bitch
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 10:05 AM
Nothing you can do. Girl's going to do what she's going to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 10:05 AM
My mom blames me for stuff like that too. It’s weird.
redbottoms
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 10:05 AM
I would have left if she kept making comments.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 10:06 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2: Gee. I wonder why dd didn't want to come to Thanksgiving. You two sound psycho.
JoGibson
by on Nov. 24, 2017 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Is it her fault of you don't show up to places?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 10:08 AM
6 moms liked this
How is op a psycho? She has a grown daughter who she refuses to guilt into coming to a family event. The horror that an adult would have their own life and have their own parents support them.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Gee. I wonder why dd didn't want to come to Thanksgiving. You two sound psycho.
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 10:09 AM
Just curious, how does OP sound psycho? Only grandma sounds psycho to me with her demands, and such. What did OP do?

momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 10:10 AM

My mom simply has to ask me and I would go if it’s important to her. Being an adult not only means to be independent, it also means knowing when you have a responsibility towards others, especially your family. It would’ve never occurred to me not going to my grandma’s house for a holiday. Thankfully, because now that both are gone I’d give anything for one more Passover Seder. And that was taught to me by my parents, who they themselves honored and respected their parents.

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 10:11 AM
Why is OP Psycho? Her daughter is grown and makes her own decisions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)