Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE RUDE, tacky to have a strings attached!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies

UPDATE - Okay I'm truly sorry that I made this post.

This post is not completely true.

Please accept my apologies and there is no reason to respond really I'm sorry 

How would you feel if your sister in law - - told your 13 and 14 year olds on Tgiving that if they decided to go to college in the town they live in, they would pay their tuition and they could live in their rent house for free??? And it is ELEVEN HOURS from your house...... 

And then now they are all excited to be going to college there and texting their friends.... but you had always wanted them to go to a college about an hour away so they would be close by?

So you tell her that if they are going to pay for college it should be ANY college such as the one close to your house not where they live???????? And she says no, it would have to be in their town because she wants to take them out to lunch and do pedicures sometimes or whatever.

It is NOT FAIR - there should NO STRINGS ATTACHED.  IT is NOT MY FAULT that they could not have kids because they waited till they were 32 to get married!!! And it is not my fault that they miscarriages and the bio dad decided to not go trhough with the adoptuion!!

They should be willing to pay tution at the college near us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT ELEVEN HOURS AWAY

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2017 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VegetaPrincess
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 1:24 PM
16 moms liked this
Oh, your entitlement is astounding. They made a very generous offer. If you don't like it then pay for it yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 1:25 PM
3 moms liked this
You're an a$$
ashellbell
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 1:25 PM
12 moms liked this
Shit...if she wants to foot the bill, byyyyyeeee kids!!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I see your point but I wouldn't make my kids turn down free tuition. That could set them up for very nice lives living debt free.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
But...it IS your fault that someone else has to pay for your kids to go to college, instead of you. Be grateful, and shut the hell up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 1:26 PM
2 moms liked this
β€œIts not fair...”
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ youre so funny.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
You all sound insane.
libbybell
by on Nov. 24, 2017 at 1:26 PM
3 moms liked this
I would be grateful. Part of parenting is raising independent adults. It might be good for them to spread their wings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 1:27 PM
Paying for room and board and food is outrageous. They probably offered there because they had free room and board for them in the rental, and like you said could help with dinners.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 1:27 PM
3 moms liked this
Sounds good to me. I always suggested that my kids move away for college - helps them to become more independent.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)