Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 kids and living in nyc

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
We found out I’m pregnant with twins. We already have 3 kids and live in Manhattan. We love nyc but I just don’t know if we can make it work with 5 kids.

Do you know anyone who lived in nyc with a large family?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:11 PM
Yes. Jim Gaffigan..he is a funny stand-up comedian, in case you have not heard of him. He and his wife, Jeannie have three sons and two daughters and he jokes often about living in a four bedroom apartment in New York City. He is a millionaire now but refuses to move!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Of course you can make it work, but why not move where the cost of living is lower so you can raise your standard of living?
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:16 PM
Yeah but they’re all rich
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:16 PM
Well I imagine it is a little easier to live here if you are a millionaire lol there’s no way we could afford a bedroom. We have a 3 bedroom and it’s alrsady at the top of our price range.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes. Jim Gaffigan..he is a funny stand-up comedian, in case you have not heard of him. He and his wife, Jeannie have three sons and two daughters and he jokes often about living in a four bedroom apartment in New York City. He is a millionaire now but refuses to move!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:16 PM
This. I’ve heard five kids is an extreme rarity there. You should start a support group. I hear it’s rough out there for big families.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes. Jim Gaffigan..he is a funny stand-up comedian, in case you have not heard of him. He and his wife, Jeannie have three sons and two daughters and he jokes often about living in a four bedroom apartment in New York City. He is a millionaire now but refuses to move!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:17 PM

I'm sure he has plenty of money to make it, the OP probably doesn't have as much as he does.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:17 PM
It’s hard to let go of the city. I can’t think of any city comparable.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Of course you can make it work, but why not move where the cost of living is lower so you can raise your standard of living?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:19 PM
It is rare. I have a lot of friends but I don’t know a single person with 5 or even 4 kids here. All of my friends that had a 4th moved out of the city after their 3rd.

Quoting Anonymous 4: This. I’ve heard five kids is an extreme rarity there. You should start a support group. I hear it’s rough out there for big families.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:20 PM
Yeah we do ok but there’s no way we could afford a 4 bedroom in our neighborhood. Finding a 3 bedroom was a miracle and not a cheap miracle either.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

I'm sure he has plenty of money to make it, the OP probably doesn't have as much as he does.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:20 PM
How rich? Lol

Quoting Pink.Sunshine: Yeah but they’re all rich
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)