Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Losing my job is not stopping me from dropping over a grand on xmas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
Christmas is just too special for the kids. I'm not going to scale back just because I lost my job due to downsizing. I'm making it work between my husband's job, unemployment, savings, and child support and will hopefully have a new job before long.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:18 PM
Id do the same
Darlingone12
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:19 PM
If you have the money to spend then go for it. Hopefully it doesn’t affect your bills though.
shell3m
by Shell on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd scale back a little.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:21 PM
Nope everything is paid up and will remain that way. Even if I have to take a little from savings to pay it.

Quoting Darlingone12: If you have the money to spend then go for it. Hopefully it doesn’t affect your bills though.
Darlingone12
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:23 PM
Go for it then!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Nope everything is paid up and will remain that way. Even if I have to take a little from savings to pay it.

Quoting Darlingone12: If you have the money to spend then go for it. Hopefully it doesn’t affect your bills though.
FreyaM
by on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:31 PM
Enjoy.
CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:42 PM
Lol if you like it I love it.

I’m so glad our family doesn’t get this stupid about consumerism for Christmas. We’re not in any financial crisis and somehow we manage to not sacrifice emergency funds for a damn holiday.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:42 PM

Quoting lollip0p: Id do the same
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 4:36 PM
When I was a kid, Christmas was like magic. Gifts just pouring out from under the tree, filling the whole room. Stockings stuffed full of candy and small treasures. Clothes, books, toys, jewelry, vacations, pets, electronics, you name it, we got it. We weren't terribly spoiled any other time of the year which I think is part of what made christmas so magical and wonderful. My brother and I were aleays so grateful And would exclaim every year that it was the best Xmas ever. I want my kids to feel that too. It was never just the gifts. It was the wonder that it all inspired.

Quoting CoolRelax: Lol if you like it I love it.

I’m so glad our family doesn’t get this stupid about consumerism for Christmas. We’re not in any financial crisis and somehow we manage to not sacrifice emergency funds for a damn holiday.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 4:39 PM

1000 is really not that much anyway, especially if you have more than one.  I used to spend more than that for one

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)