Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much do you need to make to be very comfortable?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 92 Replies
With just the debts you currently owe, plus a nice vacation or two a year, and being able to buy whatever clothes you wanted (reasonable amount) and just not having to worry about money much at all, how much do you need to bring in?

For us, I think it's around 90k/year. Right now we make $50k.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 2:56 PM
Right now we make 130k and I would say 175k
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
We make $155K and are pretty comfortable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:00 PM
2 moms liked this

I have noticed that those who make decent money, seem to need more money. At what point is anyone going to be truly satisfied? 

MonarchMom22
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:01 PM
2 moms liked this

However much people make, they always seem to think an additionl 30% or so would make everything so much easier.  But most people tend to live just at, or just past their income.  So no matter what they make, they always think just a bit more would change their lives.

If you get rid of your debt, it is much easier to budget based on predictable expenses such as taxes, utilities, insurance. I would never take a vacation or buy new clothing (except for growing kids) if I was carrying CC debt.

cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:03 PM
For most of the moms in this group, all the money in the world would not be enough.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:04 PM
DH makes $173k and we're fairly comfortable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:05 PM
We make enough to be able to afford 1 primary house and a vacation home, send two kids to private school and me to college to finish an education degree.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:06 PM
I'm a single mom of 5. I make 55k a year and have some PA. We're comfortable we just don't have any extras.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:06 PM

200k.   Our income is around 130k, but unfortunately medical bills(even with insurance) are high with the multiple hospitalizations of my dh and 2 long term ones with dd.    Asshole soon to be ex dh also just got a DWI, so it will be more now.   We never had financial issues with 130k until this past year.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

You are not comfortable if you are on PA.   The OP means people who pay for their own things without PA    5 kids is ridiculous on that salary.

Quoting Anonymous 7: I'm a single mom of 5. I make 55k a year and have some PA. We're comfortable we just don't have any extras.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)