Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It may have been a little mean but...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
1 mom liked this
It got my point across. And the kid learned a good lesson.

I am one of those evil people who go out shopping after Thanksgiving. While out, I was going through looking at movies when a Code Adam was called. A group of teens behind me went 'what the fuck is a code Adam?' I turned and told them it was a missing child.

One of them went 'well, how do they even manage to lose their kid? Put a leash on them or something.' I just laughed and told them that if they do that they get attacked by people calling them a bad parent. She then went 'well, I wouldn't care what anyone said! At least my kid wouldn't be lost. If you lose your kid, you're a shitty parent.'

I just smirked and went 'you have something in your teeth.' She freaked out, said "oh my god that's so embarrassing!" grabbed her phone, and turned on her phone camera to get her teeth clean. She looked up and said 'there's nothing in my teeth...' I just said 'and you wouldn't crumple up into a ball crying the first time someone called you a bad parent? If you freak at someone saying there's something in your teeth, you would NOT put a leash on your child. You wouldn't be able to handle the criticism. Being a parent isn't as easy as it looks.' She got real quiet and muttered what a bitch I was. I just laughed inside.

A few minutes later the code adam was cancelled and a woman behind me went 'oh thank god. I remember that terrifying feeling.' I turned around and the snotty teen looked mortified. I just went 'oh, you lost your child when they were little?' And she put her arm around her daughter, who was the snotty teen, and said 'THIS one about put me in the hospital over the panic attacks I had from her running. No matter WHAT I did, she would get away from me. At least I had my kids before CPS would be called over forcing my child to stay in the cart. She finally outgrew it when a gentleman grabbed her and marched her right back to me when she was about 7.'

It was gold. I just looked at the teen, who looked like she just wanted to shrink into nothing, and said "Lesson learned?" She nodded her head and said 'yep.'

The mom looked at me and asked what had happened and I said 'she's a teen who just realized that something she said earlier is absolutely incorrect.' The mom looked at her daughter and said 'oh, did you mouth off about something?' The girl just looked down and said "I said that anyone who lost their kid was a bad parent..." the mom cracked up laughing and just said 'oh honey, you just wait... for at LEAST a decade though, ok? Kids are.... wonderful. And awful. You and your brothers are the reason I am so happy AND why I drink."

The mother and I had a good conversation after that. She saw that I had managed to snag 3 sound bars and asked me where they were because she hadn't been able to find one. I told her they were gone and asked if they had a cart. She called her husband who came and was so excited that someone was willing to give them a sound bar they had gotten. Apparently their oldest son wanted one but had to work and couldn't come get one. They were feeling bad because they had told him they'd try to get one but hadn't managed to. I told them we got 2 for us and 1 for a friend, but we could get by with just the living room.

Overall it was a nice evening. There were a bunch of Asian tourists who were just standing back and watching the entire event. They looked really amused. I saw a bunch of them taking pictures of prices and some that spoke English said 'I wish these would work back home! They don't cost hardly anything at all. We thought it was scary because of what we see online. It's just busy.'

I think Black Friday is a good time to talk to a bunch of people.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you looking for a pat on the back here or what
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't believe the details of that story.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Uh, no. I just thought it was funny.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Are you looking for a pat on the back here or what
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:50 PM
I agree with the teen if a parent is watching their kid they will not get lost
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:50 PM
Good job! (Sarcasm) is that what you want to hear to feel proud of yourself??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:50 PM
Good for you?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I don't believe the details of that story.
Pisces_Mom89
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:50 PM
4 moms liked this

Image result for shit that never happened gif

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:51 PM
I just know too many parents who have turned their back for a second and their kid was gone. It was just filing to see a teen come to the realization that they called their own mom a shitty parent.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I agree with the teen if a parent is watching their kid they will not get lost
JRP14
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:52 PM
2 moms liked this
On today's episode if "Things That Never Happened" we meet a young troll seeking validation from online strangers by telling a story she thought was real until she woke up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 3:53 PM
Ummm, no. Are we no longer allowed to simply talk on the site without someone needing to feel anything? I'm bored and figured it would be a nice way to talk.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Good job! (Sarcasm) is that what you want to hear to feel proud of yourself??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)