Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can 2 days do all that?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
I did NOT eat crazy amounts of food. But I've eaten slightly more unhealthy than usual. I gained 5 pounds. 2 days caused 5lb?! Really? It takes me weeks to lose that much. Please tell me most of this will fall off as I resume normal eating. Or diet a bit. Wth? I stopped when I was full. Dh ate until he nearly puked.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2017 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 4:48 PM
Drink lots of water to remove bloat from salt, and wait until you have a few bowel movements. Unless you ate 17,500 calories in 2 days, it’s not 5 pounds of fat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 4:51 PM
Thank you. That's my thought but dang. I probably finally ate enough calories for my busier days although I wasn't super busy. Lol. I ran a mile after lunch yesterday. Water it is. I feel like a busted can of biscuits.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Drink lots of water to remove bloat from salt, and wait until you have a few bowel movements. Unless you ate 17,500 calories in 2 days, it’s not 5 pounds of fat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 4:51 PM

It's also bloat, you ate more and you're retaining more water.

It should come right off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 4:57 PM
Oh good.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

It's also bloat, you ate more and you're retaining more water.

It should come right off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:11 PM
It’s not five pounds of fat. Weight naturally fluctuates from day to day. A bit extra food, some water weight (held on to by a high sodium diet), a bowel movement, etc. will all effect your weight without being permanent. I wouldn’t worry about it. Return to your normal healthy habits and it will even itself out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:53 PM
I normally not fluctuate between 140-145 and this is the first time I've been this skinny so I don't want to lose progress over 2 days of not eating the best. It wasn't nearly as bad as I used to eat on a regular basis and didn't hold a candle to how I used to eat on thanksgiving. Lol. I just made a soup with homemade turkey stock, some veggies and I'll toss bits of turkey in it. No salt. That's going to be the bulk of my meals tonight. Take it easy on my tummy.

Quoting Anonymous 4: It’s not five pounds of fat. Weight naturally fluctuates from day to day. A bit extra food, some water weight (held on to by a high sodium diet), a bowel movement, etc. will all effect your weight without being permanent. I wouldn’t worry about it. Return to your normal healthy habits and it will even itself out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:54 PM
Salt.
Drink more water
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:55 PM
I'm low carb and went all out yesterday and today. I certainly feel like I've gained a hundred pounds but I know I'm just bloated. I refuse to weigh myself lol. I'm going back to normal tomorrow
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:01 PM
Yes!!! I usually am too. Even in my high carb days it's complex carbs centered around workouts or busy nights at work and still pretty low considering. I'm going low carb today. Now. I'll eat carbs again in a week or so. I fluctuate between 140-145 and when I woke up it said 150. Ugh.

Quoting Anonymous 6: I'm low carb and went all out yesterday and today. I certainly feel like I've gained a hundred pounds but I know I'm just bloated. I refuse to weigh myself lol. I'm going back to normal tomorrow
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:04 PM

Yeah, I'm guessing it's bloat and water weight. You be aight.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)