Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's like I dont matter..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

This has been a common theme in my life. Since childhood. I'll be talking about something, and I'll be interuppted..for stupid shit. For example, talking to my friend and someone else--mid sentence--and the friend just starts making jokes/goofing off with the other friend. Clearly doesn't care what I say and wasn't listening at all--or am I being too sensitive? There are times they listen..but it seems like I just always suck. Like I said, this has happened with everyone at some point. I guess it's me and I'm just not worth it. I'm feeling really down. It's probably me though, considering it's been happening since I was a kid. Does anyone else deal with this?

Edit--wanted to clarify--I did say everyone, I worded it wrong. I meant everyone at one point or another--but happens all the time with those closest to me. Sorry. Proof I suck with talking.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2017 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 24, 2017 at 4:54 PM
3 moms liked this
My first thought is to wonder if you constantly talk and they have to interrupt to get a word in? I mean if someone is always interrupting or wandering off as you speak, I wonder how long you're going on for.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 4:55 PM
Yes I’ve deptvwith it and I’ve dropped friends bc of it. I’m more assertive with dh and my parents and siblings. If any other family do that to me I cut them out.
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 4:57 PM
2 moms liked this
This. Maybe you just talk too much or maybe you talk about nonsense.

Quoting Danesmommy1: My first thought is to wonder if you constantly talk and they have to interrupt to get a word in? I mean if someone is always interrupting or wandering off as you talk, I wonder how long you're going on for.
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 4:58 PM
Wait, are you the member who has the SIL who had to time her when she talks because she talks so much?
K3412
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:04 PM
It’s unlikely everyone treats you this way, or everyone treats you this way for no reason. Sounds like you are either being overly sensitive, have a odd perspective, or you are exhibiting traits that make it desirable to interrupt you. It’s unlikely you are doing everything right and everyone you know just happens to be super rude and disrespectful to you.
onethentwins
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:09 PM

If everyone does it to you, it's probably you. Maybe your conversation skills are poor. Google how to improve your conversation or something. You have friends, so you can't be worthless. Good luck. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:13 PM

To clarify--not everyone. Just the people closest to me. You're right. I'ts me. I usually just listen to everyone else's problems all they want, I don't talk that much--on occassion I will talk a little more than usual. I am just going to stop and tell them to tell me all about them. Seems the only way it works. Thank you for your reply.

Quoting K3412: It’s unlikely everyone treats you this way, or everyone treats you this way for no reason. Sounds like you are either being overly sensitive, have a odd perspective, or you are exhibiting traits that make it desirable to interrupt you. It’s unlikely you are doing everything right and everyone you know just happens to be super rude and disrespectful to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:14 PM

I definitely don't talk too much--the oppostire. Probably nonsense. I'll stop that. I tend to be the listener anyways--I plan on just stopping and always being there for others. Seems the only way it works out *shrug*

Quoting ReedusStalker: This. Maybe you just talk too much or maybe you talk about nonsense.
Quoting Danesmommy1: My first thought is to wonder if you constantly talk and they have to interrupt to get a word in? I mean if someone is always interrupting or wandering off as you talk, I wonder how long you're going on for.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:15 PM

Thanks for your reply and to know I'm not completely alone even though I feel it. Apparently, it's me. I'm just going to stop trying and be the "listener" I have always been. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes I’ve deptvwith it and I’ve dropped friends bc of it. I’m more assertive with dh and my parents and siblings. If any other family do that to me I cut them out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:15 PM

Thank you for your reply. I will look into it.

Quoting onethentwins:

If everyone does it to you, it's probably you. Maybe your conversation skills are poor. Google how to improve your conversation or something. You have friends, so you can't be worthless. Good luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)