Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We didn't go to Dh's parents house yesterday

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
2 moms liked this
The plan was to host my family for lunch and then go over to my husband's parents house for dinner. I had to get up at 4 in the morning to put the turkey in the oven and start cooking. I was exhausted. The baby had gotten up a lot the night before. I thought I was going to have time for a quick nap but with one thing in the other I didn't have time. We have a couple of friends who actually had to move on Thanksgiving between their work schedules and the fact they had to be out of their current place by Saturday they had to do some of their moving on Thanksgiving my husband went over to help them for a few hours. So I was left to get the house ready and tend to the kids and cook all by myself. I wasn't mad because obviously it was a good reason and his friends needed help and that's what you do for friends. But my the time my family left at 3:30, I was absolutely exhausted and just wanted to take a nap. But we had to leave for my husband's parents house by 4:30 for an hour drive.

I decided I was going to go take a 45 minute nap. the little ones were napping the older kids were watching a movie and I laid down. My dh came in laid down and I could tell he wanted sex. I told him I was tired and needed a nap before going to his parents house. He said the most beautiful words "how about sex and then we don't go to my parents, you take a nap and then a bubble bath while I finish cleaning the kitchen". So that's what we did, sex was great and he brought wine to me in the bath and told me how much he appreciated the wonderful meal that I cooked and how I did everything on my own so he could go help his friends.

His parents are pissed but he has one happy wife.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:35 PM
Bump
merrysgirls
by Lame on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I think that’s pretty rude. Glad you were happy but you could have gone for two hours at least. JMO though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:36 PM
Jealous
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:37 PM
Did your DH atleast call his parents to let them know? My mom would have been pissed and hurt if I last minute ditched her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:38 PM
5 moms liked this
It's all good.
Someday, when your kids are grown, you will prepare a nice Thanksgiving meal and they won't show up.
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:38 PM

Did he at least call his parents and cancel? It is extremely rude to cancel a planned holiday unless there is an emergency and if he didn't call and tell them then that is worse. 

jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:38 PM
I ended up taking a 3 hour nap after food yesterday so I get it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

That's so rude. They bought and prepared food and were looking forward to seeing all of you. How selfish. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Selfish assholes. I would never and have never put a friend ahead of a family member.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 5:41 PM
I’d be so sad and disappointed if I cooked a whole thanksgiving meal and my company didn’t show up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)