Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just don’t feel like I can enjoy my boys when he’s around

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
I thought my BF and I were doing better, but it’s clearly diffferent when my boys are around. My boys had been with their dad for Thanksgiving and it was just my bf, his daughter, and I. Things were great until my boys got back. They are loud and rowdy. They like to play ball outside. Well, his daughter will want to play too but she really just can’t handle the rough and tumble. She will stand right in the middle of what they’re doing and almost always gets hurt. I can tell my BF just doesn’t like my kids being around and he’s even insinuated that one of my boys hurts her ok purpose. Maybe I’m naive but I just don’t believe that and I got very angry at him for accusing my son of something like that when I know it’s an accident. Today she asked if she could go play with them. I told her if she goes out there, she needs to stay away from them or out of the way of where they are kicking the ball. She promised she would and said she wouldn’t cry but she of course goes right out into the middle of it then cries when the hall hits her. My boyfriend accuses my boys of just not being careful. Idk what he expects. He knows the risk she’s takong and that she’s not listening to me yet blames my boys. I feel I’m constantly having to get on to them because my boyfriend just feels his kid is more special and important than mine. I’m just tired of it I guess.

Edited: To be clear!

I do tell them to be careful of course... I don’t want to make it sound like they shouldn’t be. They should. The problem is, she’s not used to the rough and tumble aspect of having brothers. I don’t believe my boys would hurt her on purpose and I don’t appreciate it being insinuated.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
merrysgirls
by Lame on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:22 PM
4 moms liked this
Regardless of who is at fault it doesn’t sound like it’s working out. Probably time to move on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:25 PM
Move on. Your boys come first. His princess will always cry foul and cause drama.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:27 PM
Move on.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:27 PM

How old are your boys, and how old is his daughter?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:27 PM
Yeah, you both sound like you'd be better off without each other
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:28 PM
Why are you with someone who doesn't love your kids the way you do?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I would never allow some man to disrespect my kid. She's my first priority.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:31 PM
Ite just hard because I’m really close to his daughter. I just don’t want my relationship with my boys to be ruined because of them.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Move on. Your boys come first. His princess will always cry foul and cause drama.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:32 PM
12, 9, and 5

Quoting Not_A_Native:

How old are your boys, and how old is his daughter?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 6:33 PM

You've got a few things going on here...boys are different than girls, and you don't say how old they all are.

He's got only one child, and it's a girl.  Girls tend to be easier to cry, and if she's little (like 6 or under) and not used to the rough and tumble, she's just looking to be accepted but not understanding the danger of what they are playing.

Either way, your boyfriend clearly is self-centered and thinks the world revolves around his daughter.  Not a good combo, so if you're not head over heels with this guy it's time to say bye-bye.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)