Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I’m still mad. UPDATED!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 58 Replies
Edit:

So I talked to my mom about the situation. She told me that she has warned the neighbors in the past to keep that dog off of her property because it was a nussiance. And that she had told them she would shoot and kill it if it came in her yard and attacked her animals again. (She has a farm. Pigs chickens ducks goats etc. Apparently it has killed several chickens and ducks already.)

Well while she and I were talking my brother in law came inside and told her he had just shot the dog.

It came into the yard again and he found it mauling one of their goats. The goat was dead.

So... I guess that’s the end of that story. Honestly, I feel like it should have been put down by its owner a long time before now.

—****—-

We are visiting my mom for the holiday. It’s me, my 3 year old son, and my 11 year old dog.

I was out in the front yard playing with my brothers and my son and my dog. My dog was NOT leashed. But I was also not letting her out of the yard.

Well out of nowhere this dog, looked like a smallish boxer mix(about 50lbs or so smaller than my dog), just comes barreling out of nowhere and body slams my dog into the ground.

My dog gets up, looks at me, and gets ready to fight. The other dog starts trying to bring mine down. She is bristled, annoyed, but not even growling. She’s trying to get him off without really being aggressive.

My brother, who is 12, tried to get between the dogs before the strange dog make its second attack. I yank him back, put my 3 year old in his arms, and tell him to keep a bike between him and the littler boys at all times.

The dog is still trying to yank mine to the ground. She’s older and slower, but still clearly stronger.

At this point I’m in the middle of the fray, I grab that attacking dog by the collar and yank it off of my dog. She steadies herself, and runs over to the kids.

Other dog yanks out of my grip and heads straight for my dog again. This time knocking her off balance and in the process putting himself between my dog and the kids.

As soon as he’s between my dog and the kids, mine jumps up and pretty much just puts an end to the fight. She just picks him up and THROWS him a good 10 ft. And yes, she broke the skin. He was bleeding, though not badly, on his back where she grabbed him.

Of course THIS is when the owner appears and starts in on me about keeping my dog leashed if it’s going to go around fighting other dogs.

I told her I had 3 kids and myself that witnessed the whole thing while she was god knows where. And if she didn’t take her animal and leave, immediately, I would be calling the police.

She’s DAMN lucky that animal didn’t mark or injure my dog. And that it didn’t go anywhere near my kid, or my brothers.

But now my mom is worried. Apparently this lady is really petty. And since my dog DID mark hers, she’s concerned about some sort of backlash. I told her BRING IT. My dog is fully vetted and up on all of her shots.

Honestly though, I regret not involving the cops. Pisses me the hell off when someone or something tries to hurt my dog.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 24, 2017 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 9:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Were both animals on a leash? Fines can be handed out to both parties.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 9:50 PM
I said in the OP that my dog was not leashed. And I didn’t clarify but neither was the attacking animal. I had no idea where it even name from.

But my dog was contained with me, in my mom’s front yard. She wasn’t running the neighborhood or even in the street.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Were both animals on a leash? Fines can be handed out to both parties.
stepperbepper
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 9:51 PM
Did the dog fight occur on your moms property? And if there are leash laws you might get fined if she involves the cops, but she probably won't because her dog wasn't leashed either 🤷🏼‍♀️
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 9:53 PM
Yes it did. We were well on the property too not like out by the road.

Quoting stepperbepper: Did the dog fight occur on your moms property? And if there are leash laws you might get fined if she involves the cops, but she probably won't because her dog wasn't leashed either �����
HOT4TCHR
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 9:53 PM

I also think it would have been a good move for you to call the police right away.  Doing so would have put you on offense instead of defense, y'know?

Don't text while driving.

---Janice---

stepperbepper
by Gold Member on Nov. 24, 2017 at 9:54 PM
Got ya....I leash my dog always but only cuz my dog is an asshole and is a runner. Just wants to play but he's a big dog and scares the crap out of ppl all the time.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes it did. We were well on the property too not like out by the road.

Quoting stepperbepper: Did the dog fight occur on your moms property? And if there are leash laws you might get fined if she involves the cops, but she probably won't because her dog wasn't leashed either �����
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I’m really not a cop caller. My dog and the kids were fine. She contained her animal. It could have been a lot worse. So I wasn’t too worried about it at the time, just relieved.

But now that I’ve had time to fester over it, I regret not being more proactive.

Quoting HOT4TCHR:

I also think it would have been a good move for you to call the police right away.  Doing so would have put you on offense instead of defense, y'know?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 9:57 PM
Don't bring your dog outside without a leash... any and every normal person knows it's common sense.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 24, 2017 at 9:57 PM
My girl is pretty big, she’s in the 90lb range. But she is really very well behaved. She just wants to spend her time with the family and occasionally works up the energy to play tag with the kids. She’s getting slow in her old age. So usually she just lays and watches us. I haven’t had to leash her at home in a long time, years. Of course I always leash her if I’m not the one supervising her or we are in public.

Quoting stepperbepper: Got ya....I leash my dog always but only cuz my dog is an asshole and is a runner. Just wants to play but he's a big dog and scares the crap out of ppl all the time.
Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes it did. We were well on the property too not like out by the road.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 24, 2017 at 9:59 PM
Your dog has to be leashed or the equivalent.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)