Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 year old and potty training.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
I am trying to potty train my toddler. He’s been kind of using the potty for a few months now but all the sudden refuses to use it. He gets mad if I try to sit him on it. If I leave him naked he pees all over the house!

Is this normal?!?? What do I do? Will he ever fully train? 😩
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 25, 2017 at 6:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2017 at 6:38 AM
:(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 25, 2017 at 6:40 AM

He's 2. Many kids, especially boys, aren't ready at 2. Don't force and push it, when he's ready he'll be potty trained. Turning it into a fight is only going to make things worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 25, 2017 at 6:42 AM

Don't push him. Just keep offering him the opportunity. Talk to him about all the cool things you can do once his a 'big boy'. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2017 at 6:45 AM
Thank you. This is what I feel but dh is pressuring me :(

Quoting Anonymous 2:

He's 2. Many kids, especially boys, aren't ready at 2. Don't force and push it, when he's ready he'll be potty trained. Turning it into a fight is only going to make things worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 25, 2017 at 6:45 AM
Thank you

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Don't push him. Just keep offering him the opportunity. Talk to him about all the cool things you can do once his a 'big boy'. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 25, 2017 at 6:46 AM
Pushing before he's ready will just cause problems down the road. Give him time. He'll get it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 25, 2017 at 6:51 AM
My boys were closer to three before they were ready.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 25, 2017 at 6:53 AM
He's not ready. Don't push it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Nov. 25, 2017 at 6:55 AM
Tell your dh to back off. Some kids are four when they're ready. Every child is different, but if you push, he'll have issues.
Tell your hubby to read a child development book or articles. He'll begin to understand, hopefully.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you. This is what I feel but dh is pressuring me :(

Quoting Anonymous 2:

lexasmommy411
by Gold Member on Nov. 25, 2017 at 6:55 AM
Give it a break for a while, he may not be ready, most boys aren't until age 3. Potty training involves learning skills that need to be developmentally appropriate and at the correct time. 2 is the prime age where they are trying to gain autonomy, and control, and potty training is the perfect battle ground. Versus waiting until their 3, when many children enter a stage of wanting to emulate those around them, they want to please their parents, and are driven more by reward than a two year old. 2s don't quite understand the connection between doing something and getting a sticker or an MnM candy. Try backing off for a while, give him opportunities but if he doesn't want to don't push it, and don't stress. Give him a,few months. Another tip, if his daddy is available,or an older brother or a trusted male, let him see them use the restroom. I've potty trained many kids, boys are always the hardest to train, best of luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)