Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Dog Died...

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2017 at 12:21 PM
  • 26 Replies

And I miss her so much already.

We had gotten home from our Thanksgiving trip out of town the night before (Friday) and DH was unloading the car.

My dog was on our deck watching him and out comes a big dog who snatched her! He had her throat in his mouth and at some point put her down and had her stomach in his mouth.

I am devastated. She was my familiar. We had her for 5 years.

The dog is in quarantine now while they decide his fate. I'm going to push for extermination because I don't want another family to go through this because of this dog.

My kids saw it happen. They came out to see what the fuss was. They saw my dog die. My 7 y/o DD was broken all night. She couldn't stop crying. She doesn't remember a time without her.

Just minutes before, she was in the house and I was showing the baby how to nicely pet her. I've done that a hundred times and was thinking, at the time, I'll need to it a million more before he really gets it.

I guess I won't have to...

crying

Here is DSD 11 and DS7 months with my 'puppy'. This was not long after he was born.

She was so good. So loving.She just wanted friends. Never went after another animal, even a cat, unless it was in fun for both. She never cared about dominance. She was happy to be the beta, even if it was a kitten being alpha over her.

All she wanted was to play.

I miss her and I love her so much.

My whole family is just lost now, without her. How do we continue? How do we function without her? I look at her dishes and cry. I took a bath and cried. She always laid on the bathroom floor and waited for me until she heard the tub draining.

She was the first to know I was pregnant and she became so protective of me during my pregnancy.

Thank you for letting me get it out.

by on Nov. 27, 2017 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TowerWife
by CrazyDogLady on Nov. 27, 2017 at 12:23 PM
Awe.. How sad. That would be horrible to witness. I'm sorry for your loss
theselumpss
by Silver Member on Nov. 27, 2017 at 12:23 PM
I’m so sorry for your loss.

Who did the other dog belong to?
G33KYM0M
by Kota on Nov. 27, 2017 at 12:26 PM
No advice, I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for your loss
ColieO
by Emerald Member on Nov. 27, 2017 at 12:26 PM
I'm so sorry. A good friend of hers lost her little dog in a very similar situation. Their neighbor had a family member staying with them that brought their big dog. She had her little dog on a leash and was taking him out to go potty and the other dog just charged over. Bit our friend on the leg and killed her dog. So horrible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 27, 2017 at 12:29 PM
Aww that's awful. I'm sorry not only for her death but also the traumatizing circumstance.

My SILs dog was attacked by a large dog that got on the property (it is gated but BIL opened the gate to drive in) this big dog immediately ran right for SILs tiny chihuahua mix. My dog was there too he's we think something like Weimaraner or Dane and lab mix, he was able to pin the big dog down so SIL grabbed her dog but the damage done was pretty bad. It was an awful sight. The other dog didn't get put down though I'm not really sure what mil did (it was at her house and the dog belonged to her neighbor).
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 27, 2017 at 12:30 PM

I am so sorry for the loss of your dog.

JoGibson
by on Nov. 27, 2017 at 12:31 PM
I'm sorry for your loss
Reading.Rainbow
by Mad Martigan on Nov. 27, 2017 at 12:33 PM

(((((HUGS))))))

That's awful. I'm so sorry you went through that.

lapcounter
by Race Mom on Nov. 27, 2017 at 12:34 PM
Sorry.
xiolxuo
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2017 at 12:36 PM
I'm so sorry :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)