Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They called cps because I left him alone

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 310 Replies
1 mom liked this
My 8 year old. For 2 minutes in the car while I ran my daughter into daycare... I’ve been doing this since September and a parent said something. He has a phone, he stays seated and buckled, I have the keys and the door is locked. He knows the rules he FOLLOWS the rules. He doesn’t even budge he just watches his video or plays minecraft. She told me she would have to report it to cps because it’s child abuse/neglect.
He’s 8, and very mature. He wasn’t last year so I would bring him in. I wouldn’t leave my kid there if he was scared or couldn’t handle it.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 5, 2017 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Dec. 5, 2017 at 8:35 AM
26 moms liked this

i all for people look out ofr other peoples kids but sometimes people really need to assess the situation before calling CPS... ridiculous.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 5, 2017 at 8:36 AM
77 moms liked this
I really think there should be consequences to reporting frivolous claims to CPS.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 5, 2017 at 8:36 AM
5 moms liked this

What a meddling bitch she is.  I don't think there is anything wrong with what you are doing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 5, 2017 at 8:37 AM
When I was 8 I was allowed to stay in the car alone... I don't get it...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 5, 2017 at 8:37 AM
Thats ridiculous. I do the exact same thing with my son and daughter when I drop off my youngest. They are 9 & 7 and perfectly fine to sit for 2 minutes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2017 at 8:38 AM
I was like “he’s 8 and ok with it” and she was like “well you really shouldn’t do that I’m going to have to report you”
The fuck? Lol. I even had my one year old in my arms if I was really abusive or neglectful he’d be the one in the car 🙄

Quoting Anonymous 2:

What a meddling bitch she is.  I don't think there is anything wrong with what you are doing.

Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Dec. 5, 2017 at 8:38 AM
26 moms liked this
Welcome to the world of helicopter parents. It's not enough to stifle and infantalize their own children, they must do it to ALL children.
angelachristine
by Ruby Member on Dec. 5, 2017 at 8:40 AM
Was this someone who worked for the daycare or a random parent?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 5, 2017 at 8:40 AM
3 moms liked this

I would never leave a child that young alone for 2 mins or 10 in a car its just lazy neglectful parenting imo. My kids never stayed alone in a car till they were 12 or 13. My kids always came with me to drop off siblings.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 5, 2017 at 8:41 AM
Parent told the worker, worker will report

Quoting angelachristine: Was this someone who worked for the daycare or a random parent?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)