Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I max out the days absent per semester

Posted by   + Show Post
I alternate between taking them late or picking them up early, three tardies equal an absence & if they're picked up before one it's an absence. The last report card said five tardies & five absences & I'm planning on keeping this Friday.
by on Dec. 6, 2017 at 10:29 AM
Replies (161-165):
PatTeaCake
by Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 8:31 PM

I'm an artist.

Quoting Anonymous 34: That sounds good, what do you do?
Quoting PatTeaCake:

I have one.  One in which I can make my own hours. 

Quoting Anonymous 34: Why? Who has time for that? Maybe you need a job.

DMB41
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 9:41 PM

Then just home school them. But don’t be offended if they join you late for whatever you’re teaching them that day or leave the room during the lessons you’re teaching that day 

PatTeaCake
by Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 9:43 PM

lol

Quoting DMB41:

Then just home school them. But don’t be offended if they join you late for whatever you’re teaching them that day or leave the room during the lessons you’re teaching that day 

PatTeaCake
by Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 12:02 AM

Mobile Photo

Quoting Anonymous 15: Right? What would be the point in that when kids are in school.. If it was a weekend I could maybe believe it but she said they could go through the court house and she took them out of school..I don't believe her story one bit.

Quoting Episkey: What places do trick or treating in the morning/early afternoon?

Quoting PatTeaCake: Well, Friday the bank has cookies & pictures with Santa, beginning at ten. Halloween I took them trick or treating, plus the newspaper office had a photo booth. Once one of the museums had a petting zoo & arts & crafts, & the library had a scientist speaking about rocks & minerals...

Quoting EmilyH87: Yes, really. And sometimes they knew it was out of your control. They were good at making that judgement call.

But you say you take them late and pick them up early. That's on purpose, especially the picking up early. So why?

Quoting PatTeaCake: Really, detention? If they're car line then it's the parents fault. & sometimes it's kinda the school's fault, like this morning, it was cold so the the teachers didn't open the doors, that delayed us ten minutes cause the car line went all the way back to the highway.

Quoting EmilyH87: Why? Whats the point of taking them out so much? Also, they're lucky. Three tardies meant detention at my grade school.
PatTeaCake
by Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 12:05 AM

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)