Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do your kids bathe honestly...

Posted by   + Show Post
I was having a conversation with a couple of mom friends and both said.....we try but the kids don't bathe daily. One said it had been 3 days.

I was shocked. Now don't get me wrong we have gotten home super late before and of them were sleep but as soon as morning hit they took a shower.
by on Dec. 6, 2017 at 12:00 PM
Replies (351-360):
SweetPea2004
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 11:58 AM
Dd 13 is required to bath every other day, dd 3 weeks old gets one every two days or so.
loquaciousred
by Platinum Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 11:58 AM
My son every day m-f weekends...depends whatever doing. My daughter once a week...unless she smells haha
Anonymous
by Anonymous 129 on Dec. 8, 2017 at 11:59 AM
2-3 x’s a week unless they’re playing sports then it’s everyday after practice. Daily showering stripes the skin of it’s natural oils and healthy bacteria.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 130 on Dec. 8, 2017 at 2:51 PM
You are so wrong as long as you wash in between baths or showers. As an adult I don't take a shower or bathe every day because I have eczema and skin issues and so do my children, hell you would be a appalled if I told you I wash my hair once every 10 days and I don't stink surprise. Now in the summertime do my children bathe and take showers almost every day yes because it's hot and sweaty but in the winter time they would be absolutely so miserable with cracked skin and bleeding scan if I made them take a shower every day. PS my doctor in their doctor absolutely agrees with me.

Quoting Anonymous 16: Bathing two or three times a week isn't enough for a girl your daughter's age.

Quoting Kiwismommy19: Every 2-3 days. Daily isn't necessary. And she's not at that b.o. overpowering deodorant stage of puberty.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 131 on Dec. 8, 2017 at 3:29 PM
2 to 3 days then maybe every day depending on if they smell.
smgremminger
by Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 12:36 PM
Every other day
Anonymous
by Anonymous 132 on Dec. 9, 2017 at 12:38 PM
Every other day.
butterflycircle
by on Dec. 9, 2017 at 12:42 PM

2-3 times a week unless needed. my kids suffer awful skin issues like eczema, doctor says don't bathe too much. 

amnesiacaj
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 3:48 PM

My kids get eczema and the peds said 3-4 days is fine for them, and as long as they aren't stinky or itchy, then spot cleaning does the trick.  If your kids can handle the everyday, then fine.  My kids would be bathing in lotion and crying about the itchies if I tried that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 133 on Dec. 9, 2017 at 3:51 PM

there have been times when they were really little that it had been 3-4 days if we didn't go anywhere and they didn't get sweaty or messy, etc. but now that they are a little older, it's every other day at least. if they get sweaty, it's every day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)