Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Think my assistant complained to boss about me!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My assistant and I had a difference of opinion about a decision, and next thing my boss is telling me he disagrees w my decision and wants me to change it. Wtf?

I really think she said something and I'm pissed! Would you confront her or just act like I changed my mind. How would you handle it? We had a good working relationship, but now I don't trust her.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2017 at 3:15 PM
Replies (51-57):
cdb7519
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 10:46 PM
Quoting Anonymous 1: He called me into his office to discuss it.

Quoting Anonymous 17: What if the boss simply didn't agree with you? Were you dicussing the issue or did he bring it up randomly?

What was your opinion and what was hers? Maybe getting some feedback on the actual issue will help. I'd be happy to discuss it. Maybe getting a few opinions would help?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2017 at 2:52 PM
?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Dec. 9, 2017 at 3:01 PM

I would act like I changed my mind and see how she responds. I would ask the boss for a new/different assistant and if that's not possible then I would not include her in any decisions. I would do all the work and let her sit there with anything that wasn't important.

Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Dec. 9, 2017 at 3:04 PM
I would ask your boss why he allowed a subordinate to split management decisions? Your boss is the real issue here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Dec. 9, 2017 at 3:07 PM
Then be prepared to have this happen over and over again

Quoting Anonymous 1: They've known each other longer and have a closer relationship.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Apparently your boss thought she was correct, so ya gotta get over it.  She was right, you were wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 9, 2017 at 3:09 PM
What would you do?

Quoting Anonymous 22: Then be prepared to have this happen over and over again

Quoting Anonymous 1: They've known each other longer and have a closer relationship.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Apparently your boss thought she was correct, so ya gotta get over it.  She was right, you were wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Dec. 9, 2017 at 3:11 PM
I’d find another job.

I’ve been in this position and refuse to have my power/decisions taken away by a subordinate.

Quoting Anonymous 1: What would you do?

Quoting Anonymous 22: Then be prepared to have this happen over and over again

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)