Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Age doesn't matter in a marriage

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 291 Replies
When I wrote my post about my husband and I having communication problems, and many commented on our age difference.

I am 21 and he is 35.

He is the smartest man I know and handsome and loving.

I don't think age is as big of a deal in a relationship as some seem to think.

What is your opinion?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 6, 2017 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K3412
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 7:46 PM
9 moms liked this
I think it certainly can play a part. It doesn’t mean couples are doomed, but there can be addition challenges and problems.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 6, 2017 at 7:48 PM
Like what? A lot of posters called my husband a "pervert" because of our ahe difference. Or they said he was old enough to be my father, which I think is a stretch.

Quoting K3412: I think it certainly can play a part. It doesn’t mean couples are doomed, but there can be addition challenges and problems.
Google_Me_Now
by Don’t Trust Google on Dec. 6, 2017 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I’m 33, and my husband is 50
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 6, 2017 at 7:51 PM
My age difference with dh is bigger than yours so I obviously don't think it matters.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 6, 2017 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it can cause problems. Especially when you have such a big generational gap. There could be things that can potentially cause problems because different generations are raised differently. I know a couple who has a 20+ year difference and is completely fine and I know a couple who is the same age and they have a lot of problems.

I think it really just depends on the individuals in the marriage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 6, 2017 at 7:51 PM
My dh's 14 years older then me. He always wants to stay home and work on the yard/house. I want to go out and have fun. It's caused a few problems.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 6, 2017 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Wrong so wrong you are barely and adult and he is well on his way to middle age.
Edit I mean really I don't care unless he has older kids close to your age I think when your parents new partner is close to your own age its gross and disturbing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 6, 2017 at 7:52 PM
10 moms liked this
When one partner is a teenager and the other is in their 30s, yes age matters.
When there is a span of 20 years or more, yes age matters.
When one partner has grandchildren and the other is in prime childbearing years, yes age matters.
And in your case, where you had zero choice in your spouse or even to get married - seriously it sounds like your parents either sold you or paid him to marry you.
blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 7:53 PM
I am 33 my dh is 49. We communicate just fine.
ReaIisticbeauti
by Gold Member on Dec. 6, 2017 at 7:53 PM
our age difference can get in the way of a few things but for the most part it doesn't
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)