Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Random laundry question: Do you wait until your load is washed and dried before starting the next?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:02 AM
  • 120 Replies

Or do you just keep washing? 

My wording is so shitty -  how do I explain:  There's  a load in the washer and one in the dryer. The washer stops first. Do you take the wet clothes out, put them in a basket and start washing a new load, while waiting for the load in the dryer to finish drying.  (oh that was painful I hope it is clearer) 

by on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Traci_Momof2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Why would I wait?  As one load goes in the dryer, another is going into the washer.  Waiting is just a waste of time.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:05 AM

I wash a load as soon as its done I remove it into laundry basket. I throw next load onto wash. I go through 1st load and hang 99% of it up to dry. If it goes in dryer. I run it. As soon as dry fold it.  Repeat at least 2 more times per day. Stuff thats hung once dry gets popped into dryer for 3 minutes to fluff it then is put away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:07 AM
No I have to much to do I cannot be wasting time. One load in the dryer another goes into the washer
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:08 AM

It depends. Sometimes I'll wait to start the next load in the washer. 

Most of the time, though, I just start the next load the moment the washer is empty. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:08 AM

I do now. My dryer broke once and I already had another load in the washer. Luckily the clothes in the dryer were dry. I had to run across the city to my mom's and deal with it. It was annoying and now I'm scared it will happen again. 

bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:10 AM

I fixed my wording. This would be a better conversation than I can put into typing.  Do you wash a new load while one is still drying (maybe that is better) 

Quoting Traci_Momof2:

Why would I wait?  As one load goes in the dryer, another is going into the washer.  Waiting is just a waste of time.

EmilyH87
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:11 AM
My MIL will take wet clothes out and start a new load. I don't. I hate having the wet clothes sitting out. I wait until the dryer is free to switch things.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this
I would never start a new load to wash unless the load that just finished washing was going straight into the dryer. If the wet clothes have to go somewhere else, like in a basket, then no way.
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:12 AM
My dh does laundry. But he does it all in one day. As soon as it’s washed he moves it to the drier. And pulls it out immediately and does about 5-8 loads one after another with no waiting for anything to be done
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 11:13 AM
I wash the next load as soon as I start the dryer. It can sit in the washer for the drying time and then get dried. No harm no foul.

My dryer has a buzzer when it finishes so I get it out right away.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)