Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are laundry mats clean?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am wondering if I should wash my kitchen rugs at a laundry mat as they won't fit in my washer or should I just buy new ones? But I also worry about how clean laundry mat washers and dryers are. I know that my parents had bed bugs one time and took everything to a laundry mat to clean and it makes me think probably lots of people take their gross stuff to laundry mats. Do you think the employees clean the insides of the washers and dryers?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2017 at 5:49 PM
Replies (61-63):
bascha
by Silver Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 4:56 AM
I haven't been to a laundromat in years, but I never had any issues when I was going there. We moved a lot back then, so I've been to them in a few different states and many different towns. They were never absolutely pristine, but they were definitely never dirty. Like I said, it's been a long time, so things may be different now. But, you could always go to a few in your area just to check them out first.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Dec. 8, 2017 at 5:36 AM

Laundry mats are great for rugs. But if you've got the money burning a hole in your pocket, then go buy new rugs every few weeks instead of washing them.

susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 5:42 AM

Probably cleaner than doormats but not as friendly as welcome mats, and definitely drier than bath mats.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)