Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Go ahead..you wont come back to a wife!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

Dh friend said he could get him a job with his company, he said the money would be great and he wants to go.

Thing is he'd be gone 5 days a week and home on the weekends. Sorry that isn't going to work for me. he was all in a huff, said money is tight and this would be a great opportunity...

Um I am a SAHM if things are bad, I can get a job dude not lose my husband,

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:06 PM

If the money is good - why not?  I've never understood this.

And yes, I was a sahm.  He worked ALL the time, working himself up to the level he is now.  Took years, but in the end it was/is worth it.

Geeez17
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:06 PM
So money is tight. Has he expressed this to you before? Now that he has said something are you going to look for a job?
cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:10 PM

Ummm,how are you losing your husband?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:13 PM

Quoting Not_A_Native:

If the money is good - why not?  I've never understood this.

And yes, I was a sahm.  He worked ALL the time, working himself up to the level he is now.  Took years, but in the end it was/is worth it.

DH and me dated since we were 14, and  at 17 his family moved.

We did the long distant thing until he was 21, phone, letters, short visits until he moved back home. we are now in our mid 30's I am not up for this long distant thing again. I want him home with me 

VegetaPrincess
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:14 PM
Then maybe it's time for you to get a job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:15 PM

Quoting Geeez17: So money is tight. Has he expressed this to you before? Now that he has said something are you going to look for a job?

I am  going to look for something.

He said he doesn't want me to work cause it will clash with the kids schedule. He thinks its more important I be home with them.

But I think part time could work

ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:17 PM
Sounds like it is time to get a job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:19 PM
Okay, so tell him to stay in his poor paying job, and you'll get another poor paying job, and put your kid in daycare. Or will you be able to go back to work and make great money?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:23 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: Okay, so tell him to stay in his poor paying job, and you'll get another poor paying job, and put your kid in daycare. Or will you be able to go back to work and make great money?

isnt exactly poor paying job.. I'm able to stay home, our home is paid out , kids are in a great private school and we just bought a new car...I'm not even sure where this "money is tight" is coming from unless he just feels its an overall better job or has a debt I have yet to see 

ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:23 PM

my husband comes home every other weekend. the money is nice and we still get to do lots together a alot more then if he never took the job,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)