Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this text have hurt your feelings?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
1 mom liked this

My husband and his mother got into it the other night. The reason they got into it was because she invited his ex-girlfriend to a family party and out of respect for me, he decided not to go.

I read the texts out of curiosity when he fell asleep because he seemed really upset.

And the texts read:

Husband: "Why would you invite her to the party and you know I wanted to go. I love my wife and you're just going to have to accept that"

Mother: "I'll invite her to anything and hope she goes to every event. You and your wife have a messy relationship. Grow up! One day you're going to wish you had another Sammy." (Sammy is the EX)

All I could think was....WOW and OUCH!

Then at first, I really didn't care his mother was hanging around his ex, but when I would tell my friends and co-workers, everyone would say..."WTF! She is straight disrespecting you." I brought it up to my husband and he says them hanging out is none of our buisness, he just does not want to see her at family gatherings. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:32 PM
4 moms liked this
Sounds like you have a good dh that respects you, focus on that
Linz808
by Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:32 PM
2 moms liked this
MILs can be cruel. Don't let it get to you. Maybe you both should have gone to rub it in Sammys face how happy you 2 are. Also, shame on Sammy for even attending knowing it could cause problems. Sounds like an attention seeker.
Thewife06
by Platinum Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:32 PM
7 moms liked this
He's standing up for you so that speaks volumes. The Ex girlfriend should feel like an idiot for going to HIS family functions. That just reeks of desperation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:32 PM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:33 PM
Why does she know your relationship is messy?

My DH family invites his ex booty call to all events. She moved out of state so she doesn't attend them much anymore. So I feel you on being disrespected.
ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

the ex for should feel sillier... and mom is choosing the ex over her own son... think about that.

Malissa1578
by Gold Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:34 PM

Mil and the ex are out of line and sounds like you have a good man. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:34 PM
It sounds like your DH is taking your side like he should. Don't let MIL chase you off. I'd kill her with snarky kindness, if I were you.
PrairieKitty
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:36 PM

Would not surprise me at all. My inlaws were really not very nice people  and I could totally see them doing something like that as they invited their daughters ex to a family function. They did not like her husband and had no problem disrespecting him. I just would not worry about it and do my own thing. My husband also would not have attended.

Hes also right in who his mom hangs out with is none of your business. Shrug your shoulders and let it go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Dh's aunt and cousin used to invite his ex (cousins best friend) to every family get together. I never said anything but dh did. She stopped coming around when she saw my engagement ring.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)