Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this text have hurt your feelings?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband and his mother got into it the other night. The reason they got into it was because she invited his ex-girlfriend to a family party and out of respect for me, he decided not to go.

I read the texts out of curiosity when he fell asleep because he seemed really upset.

And the texts read:

Husband: "Why would you invite her to the party and you know I wanted to go. I love my wife and you're just going to have to accept that"

Mother: "I'll invite her to anything and hope she goes to every event. You and your wife have a messy relationship. Grow up! One day you're going to wish you had another Sammy." (Sammy is the EX)

All I could think was....WOW and OUCH!

Then at first, I really didn't care his mother was hanging around his ex, but when I would tell my friends and co-workers, everyone would say..."WTF! She is straight disrespecting you." I brought it up to my husband and he says them hanging out is none of our buisness, he just does not want to see her at family gatherings. 

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2017 at 6:30 PM
Replies (61-61):
PJMM
by Ruby Member on Dec. 8, 2017 at 3:25 PM
Maybe they do. But the mil does no one any favors by deliberately calling the ex around. If the ex is the mother of her grandchildren yes she goes. I'm in touch with my ex's family and intend to remain so. If she's a family friend whatever that's cool. I've had close friends over that used to date my brother. They remained my friends and everyone were adults about it. But mil is doing this because she doesn't like the op's relationship. That's not cool.

Quoting Anonymous 14: I'm thinking that you two probably do have a fucked up relationship. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)