Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH is going to start checking my cervix

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My midwife suggested I start checking my cervix to get a feel for it but I hate putting my fingers in my vagina. So DH offered to learn. Anyone else's DH do this?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 7, 2017 at 7:17 PM
Replies (151-155):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 42 on Dec. 9, 2017 at 12:53 PM
My ex dh used to check mine for me. Only when I got really close to giving birth though. Apparently it's not a good idea to do it too much because of risk of infection so just be careful. Gloves and washed hands can't hurt.
motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 12:56 PM

I wouldn't  be able to check my cervix if I wanted to (and after months of preterm labor with each pregnancy I REALLY wanted to). I think that is odd advice for a midwife to give. 

ame19
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 1:04 PM

I left that to my midwife. I think she only checked me twice at the office and when I was induced she had checked me once or twice. 

villandra
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 7:08 PM

I think that's between you, your husband and your midwife.   

It's probably just so you can get more information to assess whether you're in labor, not a biggy if you don't want to learn.  And your cervix isn't easy to find.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Dec. 10, 2017 at 1:26 AM
Slight discomfort when done properly. Like an odd type of pressure. It’s supposed to be painful for men. Once it’s in you can’t feel it.

Quoting TXVernacular: What the actual fuck. Didn't that hurt? I thought the caterer was horribly painful. And I've had babies with no drugs.

Quoting Anonymous 14: No but my husband is a CRNP and the last few nights of my last pregnancy I had him cath me so I could sleep all night uninterrupted. We both knew how much a well rested mama makes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)