Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC over 2 years and finally a faint positive...

Posted by   + Show Post
But every part of me is saying it's gotta be wrong. I've had so many negatives that seeing that VERY faint positive has me thinking that it's going to turn out to be a false. I guess it's hard to believe it considering just a few months ago I was told that my hormone levels were plummeting to almost menopausal level...I was told, at 27 years old, that I could hit menopause before 30. I guess I just don't want to get my hopes up. Anyone else ever dealt with this?
by on Dec. 9, 2017 at 12:27 PM
Replies (31-40):
Room2Breathe
by on Dec. 9, 2017 at 1:04 PM

6 1/2 years and a diagnosis of "no eggs" after months of fertility treatment. Now I am 26 weeks pregnant. Wait 2 days and take another with the first morning pee or go to a local clinic and have a blood draw done. I'm hoping happy news for you!!

Peaceful.chaos
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 1:05 PM
I was the same way when we were TTC our second. I took pregnancy tests for weeks just to make sure I wasn't imagining things. Congrats!
carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Dec. 9, 2017 at 1:05 PM

I took a test just like that when I was pregnant with DS, and my line was fainter. I took mine in the evening and kept testing every day, it got darker and darker each time. He is 8 now. Congrats! I know it seems unbelievable but that's definitely a positive.

Quoting jcpeters0320:

Mobile Photo

It's been over an hour since I took it so it's darker now than it was within the 10 min time frame. I didn't take one at the time because I didn't believe it πŸ˜” Also, to the "this is not the TTC group" I wasn't asking for advice you twat, I was confessing my hesitation to believe my test is positive. Hence, Mom Confessions.

MikeysMom22
by Ruby Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 1:05 PM

You should try the TTC group where you will get much more support.

I hope things work out for the best for you and your dh!! 

Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Dec. 9, 2017 at 1:06 PM

Best of luck to you.  I'm sending positive thoughts and hope your way. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 9, 2017 at 1:07 PM

It took us 7 months to conceive, with some help from a fertility doctor. I 100% did NOT believe the line I saw. I did not believe I was pregnant until my blood work came back with an HCG of 48. 

Fx it's real for you!!!!!! Either way, you should know within a few days. Can you get a blood draw?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Dec. 9, 2017 at 1:08 PM

Oh, that ABSOLUTELY looks positive. Even if it is dry.

Quoting jcpeters0320:

Mobile Photo

It's been over an hour since I took it so it's darker now than it was within the 10 min time frame. I didn't take one at the time because I didn't believe it πŸ˜” Also, to the "this is not the TTC group" I wasn't asking for advice you twat, I was confessing my hesitation to believe my test is positive. Hence, Mom Confessions.

Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Dec. 9, 2017 at 1:13 PM

My first husband and I could not conceive to save our lives.  Tried clomid for a few years, did the infertility rounds, etc.  When I got pregnant with my first child, I had to take 5 tests because I could not believe the lines. 

Congratulations!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Dec. 9, 2017 at 1:44 PM

Congratulations to you on your pregnancy.

jcpeters0320
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2017 at 5:33 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Took this less than five minutes ago, it's kind of dark yet still so obvious. So I'm going to go curl up and cry now while looking at my son's baby pictures. And smile like a psycho for the rest of the night.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)