Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SURPRISING UPDATE TONIGHT!!!!!!FRUSTRATING UPDATE. Warning for those that use the atm to deposit cash

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

Mobile Photo

Went yesterday to deposit some cash into a capital one atm machine.

It ate my money and didn’t give me a receipt and didn’t credit my account.

I called capital one and they said it could take up to 10 days to credit my account and up to 45 days to actually investigate the matter.

In the mean time I just have to wait.

They are going to open the machine and she said it should be easy enough because the money is separated in the machine.

I can only hope. I was able to tell her exactly how much I put in and that it was all 20s and now I just wait.

Of course my mind is going into overdrive and I wonder if it malfunctioned for me if it means someone else could somehow walk away with my money.

<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Couldn’t go to the branch yesterday but went today.

Was told that the atm machine is serviced by another company so the branch couldn’t do anything to help me and that my best bet was to contact the 1800 number.

So I called them back and got a supervisor. She couldn’t help. She said in the past when this would come up they would credit accounts immediately but that people weren’t always truthful so they had to do away with that option and now you’ve just got to wait for them to physically open the atm machine and find the money.

We aren’t talking about thousands of bucks here. 360 bucks they won’t credit my account. That’s it.

So now I’m going to call around to other banks/credit unions and find out their policies when an atm machine malfunctions and if they have a better policy than capital one I will be moving our savings account there.

~~~~~~~~~~
Well just checked my account and found they did go ahead and give me the credit. I’m beyond shocked because I was told they weren’t going to do that.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2017 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 10, 2017 at 10:49 AM
Well, fuck! Sorry that happened, OP!
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Dec. 10, 2017 at 10:49 AM
That sucks!! It's totally on them too! Wad it a lot?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2017 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this
360, thankfully I use that account for savings so I’ll be fine until they credit my account but I’m still worried they will somehow not find my money and I’m just fucked.

Quoting ReedusStalker: That sucks!! It's totally on them too! Wad it a lot?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2017 at 10:53 AM
Yeah. Lucky for me I can handle waiting for it but I can’t imagine someone who needs their money immediately

I even asked the lady what people are supposed to do that need their money and she couldn’t give me an answer. Just that she wasn’t authorized to credit accounts.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well, fuck! Sorry that happened, OP!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 10, 2017 at 10:53 AM
That sucks. I’ve always had a smooth transaction when depositing through a Chase ATM.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 10, 2017 at 10:53 AM
I always use the drive through and actual person but this is good to know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2017 at 10:54 AM
This is the first time in 2 years I’ve ever had a problem. Now I’m leery

Quoting Anonymous 3: That sucks. I’ve always had a smooth transaction when depositing through a Chase ATM.
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Dec. 10, 2017 at 10:55 AM
I hope they fix it for you!

Quoting Anonymous 1: 360, thankfully I use that account for savings so I’ll be fine until they credit my account but I’m still worried they will somehow not find my money and I’m just fucked.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2017 at 10:55 AM
I should have :-/ I went shopping yesterday and funny enough capital one banks aren’t too prevalent around here so when I finally found one it was about 430 and they were closed.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I always use the drive through and actual person but this is good to know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2017 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Me too, and this is when I’m grateful for cameras because at the very least they can see I did deposit money even if the machine is wrong.

Quoting ReedusStalker: I hope they fix it for you!

Quoting Anonymous 1: 360, thankfully I use that account for savings so I’ll be fine until they credit my account but I’m still worried they will somehow not find my money and I’m just fucked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)