Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do i deal with this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies

When my mil keeps my son she tends to do whatever she wants. She will feed him whatever she wants, give him drinks of things she wants and other things. She kept him on friday night and she gave him straight apple juice, in the morning she gave him eggs. Shes given him other things too. Hes only 9 months old. It might not seem like a big deal to most of you but hes a difficult baby already and when you add in certain foods that will upset his stomach it makes it worse for him and for me. He already doesnt sleep so adding in an upset stomach it doesnt end well. How should i approach talking to her about it? do it myself or have dh do it?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2017 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 10, 2017 at 5:18 PM
What is wrong with eggs? How much apple juice? If he is only consuming little bit it doesn't really matter if it's straight or cut with water.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 10, 2017 at 5:19 PM
Why does she have him a lot? And she doesn't see it as harm. She sees it as spoiling her grandson. And why doesn't your child sleep?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2017 at 5:22 PM

eggs have always given my kids diarrhea. 8 ozs of apple juice. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: What is wrong with eggs? How much apple juice? If he is only consuming little bit it doesn't really matter if it's straight or cut with water.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 10, 2017 at 5:23 PM
Did you tell get this? If so, Stop leaving the kid with her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2017 at 5:23 PM

i never said she did. i said when she does have him, which isnt a lot. i guess not. she put my dh on cows milk at 6 months old. i wish i knew. he gets ear infections a lot and currently hes cutting 2 teeth at once. 

Quoting MrsDavidB25: Why does she have him a lot? And she doesn't see it as harm. She sees it as spoiling her grandson. And why doesn't your child sleep?

cookiemonster77
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 5:24 PM

Even if you or your DH speaks with her about this, she isn’t going to stop. She’s just not going to tell you about it anymore, leaving you to wonder what else she does. She thinks she knows better than you otherwise she would have asked you if it was okay first. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2017 at 5:24 PM

no i didnt tell her this. thats why i made the post. thats the plan until one of us does talk to her

Quoting Anonymous 3: Did you tell get this? If so, Stop leaving the kid with her.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 10, 2017 at 5:25 PM
If she doesn't have him a lot then don't worry about the occasional apple juice etc. No need to make waves over this.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

i never said she did. i said when she does have him, which isnt a lot. i guess not. she put my dh on cows milk at 6 months old. i wish i knew. he gets ear infections a lot and currently hes cutting 2 teeth at once. 

Quoting MrsDavidB25: Why does she have him a lot? And she doesn't see it as harm. She sees it as spoiling her grandson. And why doesn't your child sleep?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 10, 2017 at 5:25 PM
Did he actually drink all 8oz? Did she specifically say 8oz? You seem pretty over reactive to be honest. If she is so incompetent stop passing your kids off for her to watch.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

eggs have always given my kids diarrhea. 8 ozs of apple juice. 

Quoting Anonymous 2: What is wrong with eggs? How much apple juice? If he is only consuming little bit it doesn't really matter if it's straight or cut with water.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2017 at 5:27 PM

she normally does what i tell her regarding my kids. my dh and sil had step moms that didnt listen to her when she would tell my dhs bio dad not to do this or that and it bugged her. she believes that mom and dad are in charge and she will listen if told not to do something. i think she has that mentality that a lot of moms do. i raised my kids this way and they survived so your kid will survive too but all kids are different and she obviously doesnt think about that

Quoting cookiemonster77:

Even if you or your DH speaks with her about this, she isn’t going to stop. She’s just not going to tell you about it anymore, leaving you to wonder what else she does. She thinks she knows better than you otherwise she would have asked you if it was okay first. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)