Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband keeps calling me ghetto when he doesn't like something..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
My husband calls me ghetto when he is mad at me. Being a mixed with black, I hate this word. I think the only reason he says it is because I'm black. I'm educated, well spoken, soccer mom, crafty, etc. Growing up and even now I have always been told "you act white" (which is rude but that's a different story) I'm far from "ghetto" "hood".
I'm so frustrated that he continues to say it... I have told him many time to stop 🛑 but he won't.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 10, 2017 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 8:05 PM
5 moms liked this
That would be a dealbreaker for me.
hotspice58
by Platinum Member on Dec. 10, 2017 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this
You both need marriage counseling. He's being disrespectful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 10, 2017 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
My soon to be ex husband had a thing for calling me white trash. Notice the "soon to be ex"?

ETA: we are both white.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 10, 2017 at 8:09 PM
Why do amazing women stay with trashy POS men.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 10, 2017 at 8:09 PM
Yeah, that's an issue. I'm black, DH is white and I have been told all of my life that I "talk white". Once when we were dating he asked me why I was talking "like a jigaboo today". I lost it. Not cool at all. 14 years since he's made that mistake again. We almost broke up over it.
Manic_Sinner
by 5/27/2018🤰🏽 on Dec. 10, 2017 at 8:09 PM
Is he white? Well, that’s none of my business but that wouldn’t be ok with me. It’s very disrespectful and I wouldn’t put up with it.
Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on Dec. 10, 2017 at 8:10 PM
The context makes me think he's using it as a form of racial slur, which would be a dealbreaker for me.
Manic_Sinner
by 5/27/2018🤰🏽 on Dec. 10, 2017 at 8:10 PM
😮😳

Quoting Anonymous 4: Yeah, that's an issue. I'm black, DH is white and I have been told all of my life that I "talk white". Once when we were dating he asked me why I was talking "like a jigaboo today". I lost it. Not cool at all. 14 years since he's made that mistake again. We almost broke up over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 10, 2017 at 8:12 PM
He'd be my ex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 10, 2017 at 8:12 PM
He is Latin

Quoting Manic_Sinner: Is he white? Well, that’s none of my business but that wouldn’t be ok with me. It’s very disrespectful and I wouldn’t put up with it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)