Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

misconceptions about abortion/adoption/motherhood

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
I've noticed that there are a lot of misconceptions, or perhaps preconceived notions, about women who have aborted, adopted, and the impact that has on motherhood, so I thought I'd make an AMA post. And yes, I'm aware that I speak only for myself.

I've had two abortions, one before I became a mother, and one after.
I have biological children.
I have adopted children.

I'm currently up breastfeeding a baby, so once she's back asleep I'll go back to bed, but I'll be back tomorrow to answer any questions.

So go ahead, ask me anything, or tell me what you think (and yes, I'm well aware there will be several who will call me names and judge).
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2017 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Need some attention, do you? Think you are going to set everyone straight on these highly individual matters, do you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:39 AM
No. If I wanted attention, I wouldn't be anonymous. And as I stated, I will be speaking only for myself, but it might make some people think a bit more about the way they do think about women who have done something other than get pregnant and deliver and raise their biological babies.

Quoting susannah2000:

Need some attention, do you? Think you are going to set everyone straight on these highly individual matters, do you?

themrs007
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:41 AM
What misconceptions have you noticed?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:41 AM
What is your full name?
Southern_Song
by Jo on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:43 AM
I have no misconceived notions on abortion. I'm against it unless you will die from the pregnancy. Period, end of conversation.

Clearly I have no misconceived notions on biological child bearing or parenthood.

I also feel adoption is wonderful though I support adoption within our own country,not going to other countries. You help your own children of your own country first. Unless you are a native of another country.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:45 AM
Princess Lollipop.

Quoting Anonymous 2: What is your full name?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:48 AM
That was not the case either time. Though I do always wonder, if you are against it because you feel it is murder, how can you justify it in any way to yourself? If you truly feel that it is murdering an innocent child, how can you ever feel like it is ok? That's one thing I've always wondered about when it comes to the pro-birth group, because it's just so strange to me, that you'd find it to be murder of a child, but then have certain situations in which it's ok.

The children we have adopted have all been adopted in the US, through the foster care system.

Quoting Southern_Song: I have no misconceived notions on abortion. I'm against it unless you will die from the pregnancy. Period, end of conversation.

Clearly I have no misconceived notions on biological child bearing or parenthood.

I also feel adoption is wonderful though I support adoption within our own country,not going to other countries. You help your own children of your own country first. Unless you are a native of another country.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:49 AM
Most women regret their abortions.
Women who abort don't have children
People only adopt if they can't have biological children
Having an abortion means you don't want any children ever.

These are some of the most common ones I've noticed in the last couple of abortion/adoption posts.

Quoting themrs007: What misconceptions have you noticed?
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:52 AM

I’m against abortion unless the mother’s life is threatened by that pregnancy. That’s not a misconception, that’s a belief and an opinion.

I don’t have misconceptions about being a biological parent. I have 2 children myself.

As for adoption, I’m adopted and again, no misconceptions, just opinions. I think adoption is wonderful, but I’m against open adoptions. A think a child should be allowed to form his/her identity and sense of belonging in one family, not grow up with the confusion of juggling two.

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:53 AM

I don't have any misconceptions about any of those topics...

I'm pro life, but.. I also understand *why* abortion should be legal. 

I'm an adoptive mother as well as have a bio child.

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)