Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you are a working mom you should provide free child care

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 249 Replies
For your grandkids.

I believe that if you choose to work the majority of your child’s life then you owe it to them to provide free child care when they become a mom/dad.

That’s just the way it is in my family. We value hard working moms but we do not value being raised by day care centers.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2017 at 7:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 7:16 AM
25 moms liked this
Why would I “owe” them anything as adults just because I worked to provide for them as children?
Hoppers33
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 7:17 AM
17 moms liked this
And what if I'm still working?
LadyGigi
by Platinum Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 7:18 AM
Yes. This.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why would I “owe” them anything as adults just because I worked to provide for them as children?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2017 at 7:19 AM
Don’t you realize the things they also had to give up because their mom and dad worked?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why would I “owe” them anything as adults just because I worked to provide for them as children?
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 7:19 AM
3 moms liked this
That’s your opinion. If I don’t have to work as a grandparent I will be happy to watch my grandkids for free. The way things are going, I’ll be working until I’m 90 so it seems my kids will have to figure child care out on their own.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 7:20 AM
3 moms liked this
🤔 Nope.

Do tell.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Don’t you realize the things they also had to give up because their mom and dad worked?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 7:20 AM
5 moms liked this

LMAO nobody owes anyone anything. I'm sorry your mommy and daddy didn't give you enough attention but that doesn't mean they owe you a damn thing.

skyenbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 7:20 AM
Lol. Ok.
Leigh84
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 7:20 AM
3 moms liked this
At least they didn’t have to give up basic necessities bc they have parents that work.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Don’t you realize the things they also had to give up because their mom and dad worked?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2017 at 7:21 AM
That’s different then but most older people(most not all) have a reduced work schedule by the time they are in their 50s and 60s. Even the grandparents in my family that work still provide free childcare when they can.

Quoting Hoppers33: And what if I'm still working?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)