Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Justin Bieber and Katy Perry rally in support of bullied boy Keaton Jones

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
Justin Bieber and Katy Perry rally in support of bullied boy Keaton Jones
A Tennessee boy has been inundated with support from celebrities on social media after a video of him tearfully recounting being bullied at school went viral.

Keaton Jones’s mother, Kimberly, posted the minute-long clip of her son apparently sheltering from bullies inside her car on her personal Facebook page on Friday. She wrote that she had filmed Keaton at his request “after he had me pick him up again because he was afraid to go to lunch”.

“Talk to your kids,” she concluded. “We all know how it feels to want to belong, but only a select few know how it really feels not to belong anywhere.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/11/celebrities-rally-in-support-of-bullied-boy-keaton-jones
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:03 AM
That video is so sad. Kids can be so creul.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:03 AM
So did snoop dogg LeBron james and dale earnhart jr. He has a long list of friends now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2017 at 10:14 AM
That's awesome!

Quoting Anonymous 3: So did snoop dogg LeBron james and dale earnhart jr. He has a long list of friends now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2017 at 10:14 AM
Yes they can.

Quoting Anonymous 2: That video is so sad. Kids can be so creul.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 10:18 AM
It blows me away that celebrities now have to get involved in such situations. What the hell? The school staff must have no authority anymore if this can go on and on and on like this over and over.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 10:19 AM
As have the Avengers.... inviting him to the premier of the next movie. Kinda makes me sad, because now people will make fun of him more, Or he will do things to get the attention he is getting now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 10:27 AM

What is more astounding is that people actually think bullying is totally normal and bullied kids "need to cope".  A woman at work was going on about someone who did a talk on how to cope with being bullied and how we all just need to get on that bandwagon because bullying will never be stopped.  That is frightening because typically bullies generally have mental health problems at best and can be sociopaths at worst.  I'm not a believer in letting assholes be assholes.  The only way I've ever found to deal with a bully is to give them a taste of their own medicine.  Suddenly they aren't so tough after all.

nihilisticmom
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 10:40 AM

All it could take is one person to step in and say "this is not ok". One person to sit with that one kid who is always alone at lunch. One person to invite the weird kid over for a play date or take an interest in something they like. All it could take is one kid to befriend another kid and tear down the power a bully has over a childs self esteem. 

None of us want our kids to be the bullies. I'm sure we are all doing our best to ensure that our children aren't mean. 

But we should be encouraging them to go out of their way to be kind. 

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 10:42 AM
I heard the little boy’s interview and it was so heartbreaking. I would be furious if my children ever treated their peers badly.
NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Dec. 11, 2017 at 10:43 AM

Video made me cry. :-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)