Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NYC was just bombed.

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:35 AM
  • 65 Replies

Mobile Photo

Thanks goodness no one is confirmed dead yet.
by on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

The part that pisses me off is the guy is in his 20's and has been here for 7 years now.  He may not survive his injuries, and I can't say that I'd shed a tear if he doesn't.  Meanwhile, a few other people have been injured, and it's shut down midtown.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:37 AM

Actually it was bombed a few hours ago. There were injuries which sucks, but scary that they have targeted the NYC subway system!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:40 AM

I really try to just go about my day and not live in fear, but this is terrifying. DH had just gotten on the subway when I heard what happened. Almost everyone I know takes the subway to work. I commuted by subway for years. I made DH text me when he got to work. 

susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:41 AM

Why am I not seeing this on local news? It's 6:40 am, I just got up, and so I hadn't heard of this.

zombiemegg
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:41 AM

Very upsetting but I am glad it is only minor injuries for those affected since it could have been much worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:43 AM

I live in NYC and I didn't hear about it until my mom called me. DH bitched before leaving for work that all of the trains were fucked up, but we didn't know why. 

Quoting susannah2000:

Why am I not seeing this on local news? It's 6:40 am, I just got up, and so I hadn't heard of this.

susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:46 AM

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I live in NYC and I didn't hear about it until my mom called me. DH bitched before leaving for work that all of the trains were fucked up, but we didn't know why. 

Quoting susannah2000:

That is unbelievable. No one is covering this?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:46 AM

Sounds like it was a small incident, which is a relief. Still horrible though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:47 AM

I think the local NY stations are. That's how my mom found out. But I don't watch news. I typically get my news online. 

Quoting susannah2000:

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Quoting susannah2000:

That is unbelievable. No one is covering this?

H.j.K.l65482
by Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:47 AM
It’s a shame the bomber survived and was rushed to the hospital.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)