Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will I get into trouble for this? Wwyd?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies
Will I get into trouble if my kid goes to school sleepy every once and awhile?

My dd has her own room and a brand new loft bed and mattress but she will not use it says it's too scary or whatever and would rather be in the living room and watch tv or play on her tablet.

Which is fine most of the time but sometimes will stay up all night! Which causes her to be cranky all day and be sleepy in school.

Last night was one of her all nighters. I got on her about why she stays awake. She makes all these excuses. My dh was snoring. My dh was at work all night. The dog kept her awake. The dog was at her grandma's all night. Her sister kept her awake. Her sister was asleep in my room all night. She had too much sugar. She had 1 chocolate chip cookie all day.

I told her if her teacher tells me she fell asleep in class today she will be grounded and will go to bed early tonight. Dd threw a fit but i told her it was nobody's fault but her own.

I just don't want to get in trouble from the school by them thinking that dd doesn't gave a proper place to sleep or something.

I was thinking of calling the school and ask for them to inform me if dd falls asleep in class but I can never get a hold of the teacher during class or after. Wwyd?
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this
No tv or electronics. It's not difficult.
spunky946
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:39 AM
6 moms liked this

I wouldn’t let her stay up all night to start with.  Be a parent and set limits.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:40 AM
3 moms liked this

turn the damn tv off and take her electronics away. not sure why this is an issue.

katydid150
by Gold Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:40 AM
Parent my kid. Not difficult
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:41 AM
I don't LET her stay up all night. Usually she falls asleep by 10. But by 10 everyone is supposed to be asleep.

Quoting spunky946:

I wouldn’t let her stay up all night to start with.  Be a parent and set limits.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:41 AM

You need to stop allowing her to do that.  Be a parent.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:41 AM
Why not parent? She's staying up wired to electronics and not sleep! She's playing you and your falling for it. And it's affecting her health and school.

This isn't hard. Make her sleep in her room and take the tablet at night.
Episkey
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn’t enable her by letting her watch TV or play on her tablet. My kids would stay up all night if they got to watch tv and play games. That’s why I don’t let them.
karene999
by Silver Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:43 AM

If she wants to sleep on the couch once in awhile, that is up to you. HOWEVER, she should not be allowed to use a tablet or watch tv. 

spunky946
by Emerald Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this

Well you obviously are if she is up past 10.  Where are you and how old is this child?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't LET her stay up all night. Usually she falls asleep by 10. But by 10 everyone is supposed to be asleep.
Quoting spunky946:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)