Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had to explain THIS to an Adult!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
1 mom liked this

That doing a small load of laundry uses the same electricity as doing a full load -- she couldn't wrap her head around that fact at all.   

Even explaining it to her such as - 'if i only make 4cups of coffee, my coffee pot uses the same amount of electric as if i made 10 cups' -   still NO comprehension...

She thinks if the washer uses less water, it uses less energy...

SMH

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:47 AM
Is she using hot or cold water?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
My washer has sensing technology and runs smaller loads for less time hence uses less electricity because it's on for less time.

Maybe that is what she meant.
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Actually my coffee machine stops when the water runs out so less water is shorter run time
Southern_Song
by Jo on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:48 AM
Yeah being a large family I only do full loads of laundry and in the dishwasher. Usually two full loads a day and two dishwasher cycles. Otherwise my bill would triple lol. I managed to get my electric down from 350.00 to 220.00 a month...I'd like to keep it that way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:49 AM

As to the washer, you are right, but when it comes to the dryer, a smaller load uses less energy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:50 AM

It does use less water, but the same amount of electricity unless the timing is shorter.  If she's doing a small load, it should be on light dirt, whereas a large load is typically run on medium to heavy soil.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:51 AM
Lol 😂 I wish she was right though.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

That doing a small load of laundry uses the same electricity as doing a full load -- she couldn't wrap her head around that fact at all.   

Even explaining it to her such as - 'if i only make 4cups of coffee, my coffee pot uses the same amount of electric as if i made 10 cups' -   still NO comprehension...

She thinks if the washer uses less water, it uses less energy...

SMH

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm more amazed that two adults are arguing over something so stupid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:52 AM

It depends on the washer and load size.

My washer has a sensor and will run faster/take less time for smaller loads, so it will use less electricity and water that way. It might use the same amp/voltage but it will run faster so it will use less.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 9:53 AM
Not for me it doesn't. The machine senses the load and adjusts for size.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)