Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I win. I got away.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
I escaped from a DCFS (my old states version of CPS) investigation before they could try to take my kids from me. A few years ago, when my kids were newborn and 3 yrs old DCFS was called on me and am investigation opened. I think the hospital where my youngest was born reported me. I was obviously poor and didn't have an address. I was staying on my friend's couch, didn't have much for the baby plus refused the vaccination they so at birth because I don't vaccinate and I refused to even attempt to breastfeed. My baby only weighted 5 lbs 1 oz at birth. I was definitely on their radar. They wanted me to sign on with some program that would send a nurse to my house every week until the baby was a certain age. I refused that too because I didn't want those people involved in my life.

When a DCFS worker came to my friend's door looking for me and the kids she lied and said I wasn't there. I packed up the kids that night and took a bus to a different state and moved in with my boyfriend. We planned to move in together any way, he had just gone first to try and find work and get us an apartment.

We are still together married now.the kids are 8 and 5 and we are expecting a third. CPS here has never bothered us. We have a decent home and both have pretty ok jobs. We are doing well. I am SO glad I ran away before that could go any further. Who knows what they would have done. They may have taken the kids or made it so I couldn't leave the state to move here. I was so scared it was you g to follow me here but it has yet to and that was 5 years ago now.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2017 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2017 at 12:43 PM
B
redneckmama4
by Loree on Dec. 11, 2017 at 12:45 PM
Yeah. Fuck helpful resources.
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Dec. 11, 2017 at 12:46 PM
It doesn't sound like you're winning to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 12:47 PM

This made me chuckle. lol

Quoting redneckmama4: Yeah. Fuck helpful resources.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2017 at 12:48 PM
Actually I am. I got my life together without getting stuck where I was in order to undergo an investigation and without possibly losing my kids or having to do things THEIR way to keep them.

Quoting littlesippycup: It doesn't sound like you're winning to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 12:49 PM

Hopefully things stay okay. If not someone may end up calling on you. SMH at not vaxxing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2017 at 12:49 PM
Making sure I couldn't leave the state would have been far less than helpful. Making me raise my kids the way THEY think I should in order to keep them or maybe having them taken anyway would not have been helpful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2017 at 12:49 PM
No one has a reason to. My kids are well loved and well cared for.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Hopefully things stay okay. If not someone may end up calling on you. SMH at not vaxxing. 

redneckmama4
by Loree on Dec. 11, 2017 at 12:50 PM
CPS isn't really as bad as so many on here claim.

I wouldn't brag that I had to drag my kids away at night to escape the law.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

This made me chuckle. lol

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Dec. 11, 2017 at 12:50 PM
Well it doesn't sound like you were doing a good job to begin with so there's that.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Making sure I couldn't leave the state would have been far less than helpful. Making me raise my kids the way THEY think I should in order to keep them or maybe having them taken anyway would not have been helpful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)