Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Telling The Truth About Santa

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2017 at 2:44 PM
  • 10 Replies
I have 3 kids, 15, 4 and 9 months I want to to tell them the truth about Santa so bad because of money issues but I don't have the heart because im afraid they might then ruin it for others kids.
by on Dec. 11, 2017 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 2:45 PM
The beauty about not lying is never having to explain why you lied to begin with.
kristinm87
by Ruby Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 2:49 PM
Mine is 8. He was starting to question it and I wad getting sick of him thinking that it's ok to upset me because even if I threaten to take away Christmas, Santa will still have his back. So we sat him down and told him that since he's already suspicious, it's time to come clean. We're Santa and now that he's a young man instead of a wee one, it's time for him to become a Santa too.
left.drowning
by Fix Me on Dec. 11, 2017 at 3:02 PM
My kids never believed. We never pushed the whole Santa thing.
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 3:05 PM
Your 15-year-old must know. Trust me, children learning the truth is not this traumatic event the anti Santa people want you to believe it is. 😉 They will be absolutely fine.

My 11-year-old just figured it out on her own. I know she knows the truth but she still likes to play that Santa is coming, and she still likes to look for the elf. She Would never tell her little brother the truth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 3:10 PM
I never lied to begin with. I always wonder what kids think when their parents fess up to lying after telling them over and over not to lie.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 3:26 PM
We think “It was cool to have that magic.” I got to have fun pretending for my little brothers. I was the first to know the truth. Now I give the magic to my kids.

Op just sit the child you’re ready to tell, down, and tell them. Santa is simply part of the spirit of Christmas. Sure, he doesn’t actually come into the home on flying reindeer. That’s just a little childhood magic. Once your kid knows the truth it’ll make sense and be fine.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I never lied to begin with. I always wonder what kids think when their parents fess up to lying after telling them over and over not to lie.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I figured it out when I was 15 or 16. My dads reply was good cause. I would hate to lie to you about me shooting Santa in the ass. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Since my odd is 5 d's is 3 and almost 11months old. I let them believe in Santa for as long as they can.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 4:16 PM

I'm sure the 15 year old knows. He's in high school, lol. I knew by like first grade but I didn't announce it to my parents. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 4:22 PM
I am sure the older one knows. I would not spoil it for the little one The baby doesn’t even understand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 4:27 PM
Don't ruin it because of temporary financial problems
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)