Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not my place?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 143 Replies
I am the first time grandmother of an almost 1 yo boy. This will be his very first Christmas. My dil has an older boy who is around 4 yo and I love them both to bits. Tonight at dinner my son and dil invited me to dinner on the 23rd. That's when they wanted to exchange gifts. I have to admit I was taken aback. I told them that I would not be exchanging gifts except on Christmas morning. I told them it would be easier for me to spend the night on Christmas Eve to be there when Santa came and afterwords I could start preparing dinner. Dil got very upset. She told me that it was not my place to be there Christmas morning and it was presumptuous of me to assume that I would be cooking in her home. I said fine that they could spend the night at my home. That's when my son spoke up and said that I wasn't getting it. That they would not be seeing me on Christmas eve PR on Christmas Day. That it was their time for their family. At that point I started crying and asked of I was suppose to spend the day alone and my son said yes that I had time to make memories with my children and now it's their time. I told them fine bit I was only celebrating Christmas on Christmas and that's of. My dil said that's your choice and we will contact you after the new year. WTF is this shit
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:37 PM
5 moms liked this
I agree with DIL. Well I would if it were true.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

rolling on floor

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:37 PM
You sound crazy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:38 PM
I also agree with DIL.
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Have fun being alone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:39 PM
You don't spend time with your family on Christmas? Why is that crazy

Quoting Anonymous 4: I also agree with DIL.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:40 PM
Why should I have to. I don't understand why I can't see my grandkids on Christmad

Quoting mojogirl: Have fun being alone.
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:41 PM
3 moms liked this
Yep. Who are you to assume you are staying the night at their house. You're old enough to know you dont invite yourself places.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I agree with DIL. Well I would if it were true.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:41 PM

In my family, Christmas Eve is when we get together with the grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. On Christmas morning, it is just my husband, myself, and our kids. It works out better that way because several of my siblings are divorced and sharing custody with their exes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 11, 2017 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
4/10
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)