Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She's trying to convince me that I shouldn't eat shrimp or pork anymore...HELP!! UPDATE!!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 141 Replies
Update-I brought her lunch tonight, and all is well. :)

This just happened..

My co-worker who is a white Muslim, showed me a video of a stomach being cut open on an operating table that was full of worms. The shock of the video caused me to jump out of my skin, my hands waved frantically, and I shouted out a loud sentence in spiritual tongues. She laughed, and then asked me what I said, and what did I just put on her. I explained that my spiritual language came out, and then the nurse called from the back ambulance area and said that a patient was coming in. I told him I was on lunch in a high pitch voice, and that I was coming.

Once I got to the back I apologized for being rude on the phone, and I explained that I was traumatized and I took it out on him. He called my co-worker and jokingly told her to not ever do that to me again.

My co-worker and I then exchanged the following text messages....

Me-Thanks! You traumatized me...lol. I need to check in for situational anxiety.

Her- LMAO. I didn't think you were going to run back there and tell everybody.

Me- No. I apologized to Jeremy because I snapped on him. I took it out on him. Seriously I am still shaking. On the phone I was very rude to him, so I told him why and said that I was sorry.

Her- Lmao but you guys think it’s okay to t do these things... when it clearly says not to in Leviticus...

Me-Jesus said it is okay...

For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: 1 Timothy 4:4

Genesis 9:3 ESV
Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything.

Romans 14:1-23 ESV
As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ..

Matthew 15:11 ESV
It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.”

Colossians 2:16-17 ESV /
Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath. These are a shadow of the things to come, but the substance belongs to Christ.

She called me after those Bible verses, and we chatted and laughed together. Gotta love her...:)

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2017 at 6:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 6:56 AM
4 moms liked this
You sound over the top and dramatic. Why do you exaggerated things? Do you not get enough attention or do you think it makes you look cute and funny?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this
This was funny to you? Ok. Just shows you religious people can't even agree amongst yourselves what the Bible wants you to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2017 at 6:59 AM
That's what happened. I don't watch stuff like that. I am the annoying screamer in the horror movies, I can't help it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You sound over the top and dramatic. Why do you exaggerated things? Do you not get enough attention or do you think it makes you look cute and funny?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Just don't watch it and say that you are not interested.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, you can help it. Be an adult and exercise self control. Stop doing things to get attention and get people to notice you. I'm sure you think it makes you look cute but it doesn't.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's what happened. I don't watch stuff like that. I am the annoying screamer in the horror movies, I can't help it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You sound over the top and dramatic. Why do you exaggerated things? Do you not get enough attention or do you think it makes you look cute and funny?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:00 AM
No. I didn't like it one bit. It was funny to her. We get along just fine despite our differences in religion.

Quoting Anonymous 3: This was funny to you? Ok. Just shows you religious people can't even agree amongst yourselves what the Bible wants you to do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:04 AM
I didn't expect to see that video, I don't watch stuff like that. It is gross. That's my reaction to it from shock.

Some people can watch worms come out of people, I choose not to. She tricked me.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes, you can help it. Be an adult and exercise self control. Stop doing things to get attention and get people to notice you. I'm sure you think it makes you look cute but it doesn't.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's what happened. I don't watch stuff like that. I am the annoying screamer in the horror movies, I can't help it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:06 AM
Act like an adult and stop over exaggerating your reactions to things. Stop being over the top and dramatic to get attention and have people notice you. There is NO reason to behave this way. You aren't a teen, you are an adult.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I didn't expect to see that video, I don't watch stuff like that. It is gross. That's my reaction to it from shock.

Some people can watch worms come out of people, I choose not to. She tricked me.
Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes, you can help it. Be an adult and exercise self control. Stop doing things to get attention and get people to notice you. I'm sure you think it makes you look cute but it doesn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:10 AM
She put her phone in my face and said look, at that moment worms were being pulling out of a person on an operating table. I did look away, but it was too late. I couldn't undo the damage, I saw it and reacted poorly.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Just don't watch it and say that you are not interested.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:13 AM
We all are silly on this shift, even the doctors. It is how we get through our nights..it is serious time now, about to get off.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Act like an adult and stop over exaggerating your reactions to things. Stop being over the top and dramatic to get attention and have people notice you. There is NO reason to behave this way. You aren't a teen, you are an adult.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I didn't expect to see that video, I don't watch stuff like that. It is gross. That's my reaction to it from shock.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)