Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
DD is 8. She was talking to her step dad yesterday and said she's going to her dad's for Christmas. He just said oh ya. And left it at that. Then asked me about it that night.

Yesterday she told the same thing to my aunt.

Her dad messaged me last night and said DD wants to come to my house for Christmas.

Christmas is my holiday this year. I asked her this morning what's going on and she said daddy asked her to come to his house for Christmas. Her sister at daddies (10) got excited so now she doesn't want to make her sad so she said she wants to go.

I told her it's my year to have her. And she said but I need to go to daddies.

I asked exh if he asked her to come. He knows his my year we had just talked about this. And he said 10 year old did.

I'm stuck at what to do here. Part of me wants to let her go spend Christmas with her sister. But another part of me wants he with me and her sisters here.

And like what if I tell her no she has to stay and then she feels guilty that 10 year old will be sad. They have done this before to her.

Any advice.
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2017 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 8:08 AM
I’d tell her that it’s our Christmas together, and leave it at that.
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Always stick to the court order especially since it seems to be a reoccurring thing with them telling her that she is going there for Christmas when it’s your year. Your ex needs to put a stop to that. It’s unfortunate but it is what it is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2017 at 8:10 AM
She goes to her dad's this weekend and I know he's going to keep asking her if she's coming. He's already said something to me twice about it in two days

Quoting Anonymous 2: I’d tell her that it’s our Christmas together, and leave it at that.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 12, 2017 at 8:11 AM

If my DD was that excited to spend it at Dads I would say ok.  Why not?  I would just make it clear to dad that next year she is staying home.

stepperbepper
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 8:11 AM
Can you let her go for a few hours?
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Dec. 12, 2017 at 8:12 AM

Does he live close?  Why not do half the day with you and half with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2017 at 8:14 AM
The thing is is I don't really think she's excited. She just keeps saying I don't want to make sister sad.

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

If my DD was that excited to spend it at Dads I would say ok.  Why not?  I would just make it clear to dad that next year she is staying home.

Emmyjoy88
by Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 8:14 AM
Can you do chirstmas morning with her and then they pick her up and do christmas night with her.
Or they can do Christmas eve but they have to bring her home early chirstmas morning?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 8:15 AM
Then I’d make it clear to him that we’re sticking to the custody agreement. And I’d keep reiterating to DD that we’re have Christmas together. I’d play it up, also. Talk about who’s gonna be there, and how much fun it’ll be to open presents and make dinner, or however y’all do it. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: She goes to her dad's this weekend and I know he's going to keep asking her if she's coming. He's already said something to me twice about it in two days

Quoting Anonymous 2: I’d tell her that it’s our Christmas together, and leave it at that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 8:15 AM
I would tell her from now on she needs to ask you before she makes plans with her sister.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)