Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wanting to confront parents who send their little ones to school in shorts instead of pants!?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 234 Replies

When it’s freezing outside?!? Child neglect!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HoneyedMacabre
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:48 AM
23 moms liked this

Yeah ok.  My kids did this in middle and high school by their own choice.  I did similarly stupid things at that age in the name of fashion even though it was cold outside.

Its hardly neglect, I didnt die, my kids didn't die, these kids you see doing it wont die either.

Madeyemoody
by Constant vigilance on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:49 AM
5 moms liked this
My teenage son lives in shorts we had 4 inches of snow fall last night with another 8 inches to come throughout the day and he wore shorts to school. He has jeans but would rather be comfortable. If someone were to confront me about his clothing choice they’d have me laughing straight in their face with a bye bitch at the end.
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Eh. Unless the child is visibly shivering and telling me he/she doesn’t have pants, I’m not going to worry about it and in that case, I would simply buy them a couple of pairs.

Oh and my son has worn shorts in the snow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:51 AM
How old. After a certain age, kids know what they want and know the consequences.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
My ds13 ASD and only wears shorts.

After a certain age it's a choice.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:52 AM
4 moms liked this
Why do you care? Everyone feels the heat & cold differently.
ilovemykids323
by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:53 AM

naw butt out

stepperbepper
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:54 AM
I don't worry about older kids but I do think it's poor parenting to send little kids to school like that. But I would never complain to the parents or anyone...I'm honestly more focused on my own kids to notice the others.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:54 AM

Some parents sent their kids out in flip flops and short when we had snow and freezing cold. When they got on the bus they complained about being cold and wanted the heater on. I don't understand that at all. I understand child like to wear certain clothing and will put up a fuss, but at some point you put your foot down and say no.

LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 9:55 AM

My youngest son went to preschool once wearing shorts, everyone thought he was nuts but he worn them because his class room gets really hot sometimes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)