Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother in Law Gifts (And Step-Father in Law?)

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:05 PM
  • 18 Replies

Ok so my MIL is very very very religious (LDS aka Mormon) she is about 74ish and just had open heart surgery a month ago.

I need ideas what to get her for Christmas. She does not drink coffee or tea. She is diabetic also so don't wanna give her too much sweets.

I was thinking putting together a gift bag with a nice soft blanket, some slippers, pjs and maybe popcorn, hot chocolate or one of those sausage and cheese gift sets from hickory farms. Does that sound nice to you?

Also wanted to pick up something small for her husband, he is in his 80s but has a major sweet tooth so would a nice box of chocolates be sufficient?

by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Calliope1921
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:07 PM

The gift for you mil sounds lovely! I would love to get all those things! I am a sucker for very soft blankets and I love getting new pjs!

sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:11 PM

thanks. she is a person who is always on the go but with her having open heart surgery recently she really needs to slow down and relax sometimes.

Quoting Calliope1921:

The gift for you mil sounds lovely! I would love to get all those things! I am a sucker for very soft blankets and I love getting new pjs!

HoneyedMacabre
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:14 PM

Hickory farms gift sets are gross and tacky.  But the rest of it sounds just fine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:14 PM
That's a sweet gifts for them both.

MysticLove
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:15 PM

I think that basket would be lovely.

Calliope1921
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:15 PM

Does she watch movies or have a favorite tv series she likes? My parents love The Waltons and over the years I have gotten all the seasons for them. They watch the entire series about once a year.

Quoting sarahfire:

thanks. she is a person who is always on the go but with her having open heart surgery recently she really needs to slow down and relax sometimes.

Quoting Calliope1921:

sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:16 PM

I don't think they are gross or tacky. Its basically sausage and cheese.

Quoting HoneyedMacabre:

Hickory farms gift sets are gross and tacky.  But the rest of it sounds just fine.

sarahfire
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:18 PM

I have never known her to be a big tv or movie watcher, but honestly something like The Waltons sounds right up her alley. She mostly watches stuff the church puts out though I think. Definitely something family oriented and wholesome like The Waltons. Thanks!

Quoting Calliope1921:

Does she watch movies or have a favorite tv series she likes? My parents love The Waltons and over the years I have gotten all the seasons for them. They watch the entire series about once a year.

Quoting sarahfire:

Quoting Calliope1921:

mommy404204
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:20 PM
You could get a basket and make it for both of them together. You can put the stuff for your MIL and a few things for her husband too. Maybe a mug or something he likes. I think that way it doesn't look like you spent alot on her and a few dollars on him.
Calliope1921
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:21 PM

Welcome!

Quoting sarahfire:

I have never known her to be a big tv or movie watcher, but honestly something like The Waltons sounds right up her alley. She mostly watches stuff the church puts out though I think. Definitely something family oriented and wholesome like The Waltons. Thanks!

Quoting Calliope1921:

Quoting sarahfire:

Quoting Calliope1921:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)