Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you stop yourself from blowing up on someone on social media...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 101 Replies
Or being passive aggressive and stuff like that? People keep trying me. If I am full force aggressive I won’t have any family left. already lost two based on being that way to them on FB
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:14 PM
5 moms liked this
Um, grow up and let shit go??
HoneyedMacabre
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:14 PM
2 moms liked this

You need to not take the Internet so seriously.

Get a hobby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:15 PM
I grit my teeth take a deep breath and scroll past their post if they are family. If they are a casual friend I unfriend them
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:15 PM

I'm not into internet/social media drama.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:16 PM
If its on fb you can turn the notification off for the statues or what ever. I do that so I don't go back and lash out on who ever.

Like in here there's no sense of arguing with someone cause they won't listen to you at all. I had one lady she us about a meme that someone shared I comment on it and this lady had to argue with me and I read it and I backed out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I just don't because I don't want to embarrass myself. I tell myself that I'm too old for this shit and I don't want to deal with notifications going off all night. Anyone who freaks out via social media is either very immature, just young, or has a few screws loose.

motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:17 PM
It's not always easy, but in the end it isn't always worth it to say exactly what you think.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:18 PM
I’ve literally never felt like doing that. Nothing on Facebook bothers me that much. Just log off and move on. There’s seriously zero reason to react like that. You need to work on emotional intelligence, big time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:18 PM
You mean dont take my family member seriously. She meant what she wrote

Quoting HoneyedMacabre:

You need to not take the Internet so seriously.

Get a hobby.

my4kids274
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:20 PM

Honestly I just let it go.  I continually tell myself that social media is not a place to fight with others.  I have witnessed so much of that happening between people I have known for years and it gets them no where.  It has ruined many relationships also. 

My husband loves to read Drudge Report.  He shared an article on FB once about the recent election.  His brother literally blasted him and called us overly conservative and told us that we were sad individuals for voting for Trump.  (BTW we did not vote for Trump)  He then also sent my husband an email after that blasting him and telling him how misguided we are and that we should do some thinking about the state of our country and so on...We were dumbfounded to say the least.  My husband posted it only because it was an interesting article about the canidates and what their views were and what they would do for our country if elected. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)