Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Zoloft? whats is your experience with zoloft?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
Zoloft? Who takes it, has taken it, knows someone who is on it or has taken it? What is your experiences on it? Side effects? Did it help? What was ur dose? I have suffered with depression since I was 15 tried a lot of different things for it when i was younger nothing helped.. Havent taken anything for it for years like 10+ years. And I probably should have been on something, i felt worthless and the nothingness seemed to have settled in my soul if that makes sence on auto pilot found joy in nothing ever.. Everything stressed me out yelling all the time.. It wasnt that horrible until rcently shorlty after i had my 3rd and final baby rough pregnancy and he was colicy and had acid reflux for first month meaning no sleep went to dr. Last week they put me on 50mg zoloft once a day and already i think i can feel a difference i am happy and feel good!!
Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:57 PM

I take it. I have taken it for about a year and a half. I also started Welbutrin in addition to Zoloft this summer. The first couple of weeks, I was super drowsy/tired. Now I don't even notice any side effects. It has definitely helped me. Like you, I have battled with depression since my teens and have been on/off meds.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 12:59 PM

I took 50mg. Made me tired and killed my sex drive. I felt nothing.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Dec. 12, 2017 at 1:01 PM

Bad on me. Caused me to hallucinate.

scorpiodragon
by on Dec. 12, 2017 at 1:01 PM

I took zoloft.  50 mg every evening.  It didn't work. I do much better with therapy and quit that stuff cold turkey along with Paxil (2 mg in the morning and 2 mg in the evening).  I think it was the zoloft that made me like a zombie and unable to focus.  I was 15 then.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 1:02 PM
It wasn't strong enough for me. I'm glad it works for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 1:25 PM
I took it for post partum depression. I felt nothing. I mean nothing. It was like watching my life go by on a movie screen. I felt powerless to change it.

I stopped caring about anything on. It was 100% worse than my depression. I weaned myself off of it and life was so much better. I regret those 4 months that I lost with my new baby.
jws120567
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 1:27 PM

Much like Bryn Hartman, Zoloft made me psychotic and homicidal.  Thankfully I didn't kill anyone.  No, I'm not joking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 1:27 PM
I could masterbation for hours and not achieve an orgasm , or if I did it was very mediocre..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

It was invaluable to me when I decided to start doing battle with my depression & anxiety. No side effects (I don't know too many people who experienced any, either; that's anecdotal, of course, but it's probably one of the reasons Zoloft is so popular). 

I took 50mg/day for about two years. The effects were noticeable for me very soon. For me, it gave me a buffer between a trigger (by this I simply mean anything I'd react to, not the kind people make fun of) and my reaction. That buffer gave me a moment to take a breath, and ask myself "is this worth reacting to". Over time, that buffer time got longer, and I grew more adept at identifying when something really wasn't the big bad thing I initially thought. 

I did stop taking it - but my goal was always to get off medication, and I weaned from it while still in therapy. However, the side effects were nonexistant, and if I'd needed to continue taking it, I would have. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2017 at 2:16 PM
It was insane I took it one day woke up the next morning a new person.. Before I could bately do anything and didnt care about anything all of a sudden i look in the mirror and im like damn girl you really let urself go we need to work on that! And now I actually have a sex drive lol. Only side effect so far is cotton mouth and ita hard for me to sleep always was before i got super depressed while pregnant ladt yr since then i could sleep for days and now i feel back to my normal on sleep lol. Not as tired, and i also suffer from chronic pain, and its gone as of now too!! I am impressed but scared it wont work for long, or i will have to keep uping my dose or add something.. I dont want to be on a bunch of stuff..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)