Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I didn't buy anything my kid wanted S/O

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies

I was just reading the post where the kid asked for two presents that were $100 plus each. We suggested she buy one and use the rest of her budget for smaller presents but she just wasn't going to get her daughter anything she wanted.

Did you get at least one gift that was on your child's wish list?

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2017 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColieO
by Emerald Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 5:06 PM
Yes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2017 at 5:07 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 5:07 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids didn't make lists they don't have much they wanted. I got them what I thought they would like.
razorbackfan
by BadgerMom on Dec. 12, 2017 at 5:08 PM
Yes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 5:08 PM
Yes, absolutely. She gets most of what she wants.
Hoppers33
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 5:08 PM
Yes. They didn't get everything the wanted, but they want everything they got. It makes no sense to me buy stuff they don't want. Why waste the money?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2017 at 5:08 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: My kids didn't make lists they don't have much they wanted. I got them what I thought they would like.

That's understandable. I just don't understand having them make a list or asking them if you have no intentions of buying at least one thing.

50ShadesofCray
by SweetHart on Dec. 12, 2017 at 5:08 PM
Yes. My kids are very good about asking for reasonable gifts. The most expensive gift being asked for is my 16 year-old wants a laptop. He will get it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 5:08 PM
Yes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 5:09 PM
I think if my child asks me for some expensive stuff for Christmas, I guess I would decide a budget and let him know that those things were very expensive so he would only be getting one or two things. And then he could decide if he wanted to change up his list or if he would be fine just getting the couple expensive things that he really wanted.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)