Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help from you or your so/dh with buying my dh a gift

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

My dh wants a meat grinder for christmas. I went on Amazon and I'm just "lost", I have no idea what to get. So I thought I'd ask you wonderful ladies for help.....

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:06 PM
http://www.cabelas.com/product/CABELAS-GRINDER/2171045.uts?slotId=14
This is a decent one. They have other, commercial grinders, but those are more expensive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:26 PM

That looks decent and won't take alot to store it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: http://www.cabelas.com/product/CABELAS-GRINDER/2171045.uts?slotId=14 This is a decent one. They have other, commercial grinders, but those are more expensive.

JMmomof2
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:40 PM
We use the LEM #8 grinder. I process our own venison, beef and pork. I can do about 20lbs in 10 minutes and it is super easy to clean. Plus you can buy all kinds of attachments. Like stuffers.

I personally like this one because it is local. But the ones at Bass pro, Field and Stream Or Cabelas would work.

Mostly depends on how often he will use it and what he is using it for.
JMmomof2
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2017 at 7:41 PM
http://www.lemproducts.com/category/butcher-meat-grinders

Sorry, here is the link to their page. I live east of Cincinnati, but I know Field and Steam sells this brand too. We use their dehydrator, smoker, scales, gambles, and seasoning too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 12, 2017 at 8:06 PM

Mobile Photo

This is the one my husband has and loves it. I want to say he spent like $250-$300 on it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:17 AM

Thank you! 

Quoting JMmomof2: We use the LEM #8 grinder. I process our own venison, beef and pork. I can do about 20lbs in 10 minutes and it is super easy to clean. Plus you can buy all kinds of attachments. Like stuffers. I personally like this one because it is local. But the ones at Bass pro, Field and Stream Or Cabelas would work. Mostly depends on how often he will use it and what he is using it for.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:18 AM

I do expect to pay more for quality so this price range is good.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Mobile Photo

This is the one my husband has and loves it. I want to say he spent like $250-$300 on it.

emandab
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:24 AM
I remember that it isn't something you want to skimp on. An old bf had some experience with grinders.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:29 AM

I do want qaulity, something that will last for years. This looks sturdy and like it will endure many years of grinding.

Quoting emandab: I remember that it isn't something you want to skimp on. An old bf had some experience with grinders.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:32 AM

Do you have a kitchen aid mixer by any chance?  If you do I would buy the attachment that goes to it.  Not only would I, I did and I am very happy with it as is DH.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)