Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why is protecting yourself trashy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

I see it sometimes on here. when a woman says she defended herself or her kids by punching, hitting, disarming someone they are called trashy? why is that? I really dont understand, you make it so the attacker cant come after you while you call for help. you dont just walk away and have the psycho follow you.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JRP14
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:42 AM
When was that ever said? Can you give one example?
JRP14
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:43 AM
I think there's a difference between self defense and just hitting someone in a fuckin World Star type of fight. In my opinion anyway.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:44 AM
It's probably the situation, neighborhood, trailer park, etc., that's actually being referred to as trashy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:44 AM

there's a post I just saw where a crazy guy throwing racial slurs came storming up the op after insulting her son and she punched him because of his erratic behavior.

Quoting JRP14: When was that ever said? Can you give one example?

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:44 AM
I’m guessing she’s referring to this post.

http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/21771301/I_punched_him_in_the_face

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:45 AM

you can be attacked anywhere.

Quoting KendallsMommee: It's probably the situation, neighborhood, trailer park, etc., that's actually being referred to as trashy.

JRP14
by Silver Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:45 AM
Nope. I agree. That's trashy for both of them... Racial slurs are NEVER okay. But neither is hitting someone.

Plus, about 90% of posts like that are trolls anyway.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

there's a post I just saw where a crazy guy throwing racial slurs came storming up the op after insulting her son and she punched him because of his erratic behavior.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:46 AM

so if someone was screaming racial slurs at you and then because you ignore them they come storming up to you and could possibly do something to you, you would just let them?

Quoting JRP14: Nope. I agree. That's trashy for both of them... Racial slurs are NEVER okay. But neither is hitting someone. Plus, about 90% of posts like that are trolls anyway.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:47 AM
Yeah, but usually the storyline involves trashy people.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting KendallsMommee: It's probably the situation, neighborhood, trailer park, etc., that's actually being referred to as trashy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 12:49 AM

the post you called trashy just a few minutes ago didn't show any trashy person. just a mother protecting herself from a man who is obviously unstable.

Quoting KendallsMommee: Yeah, but usually the storyline involves trashy people.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)