Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm the monster here.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

My ex and I split 6 months ago. I moved as far away as possible. he was abusive and controlling and I thought it was normal because my dad was abusive and controlling. well, when I left my ex I was pregnant with his second son. I just had him in September and my ex was going ballistic trying to get out of paying child support for our other ds saying I cheated and that's why I was leaving.

anyway, 5 days ago my ex showed up. he started yelling and cussing at me over 7 year old ds telling him we went to Disneyland with a group of my friends which included 3 men. it went from yelling to physical and he slammed me into the wall outside my apartment, I dont remember much other than ending up on the floor and kicking him off...making him fall down the stairs. my neighbor saw the entire thing. but despite all of that I'm supposedly the monster for "doing it in front of my 7 year old" and putting my ex in a coma because of brain swelling.

and yes my ds is in therapy now because of it. he's not mad at me but he is having bad dreams about it.

Posted by Anonymous on Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:14 AM
Poor kid. He deserves so much better.
angkorsaway
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:15 AM
Self defense? What is missing? What exactly did the neighbor say you did?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:15 AM
According to who?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I was just trying to get him off me. I didn't realize the stairs were behind him.

my neighbor just said my ex attacked me and I never hit him back, just pushed him off.

Quoting angkorsaway: Self defense? What is missing? What exactly did the neighbor say you did?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:17 AM

our families, his friends and my coworkers.

Quoting Anonymous 3: According to who?

angkorsaway
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:18 AM
Well he is at fault to me. I don't see how you can shield your kid if he attacks you without warning. Therapy is good. The neighbors need to mind their own business.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I was just trying to get him off me. I didn't realize the stairs were behind him.

my neighbor just said my ex attacked me and I never hit him back, just pushed him off.

Quoting angkorsaway: Self defense? What is missing? What exactly did the neighbor say you did?

shashta102
by Bronze Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:19 AM
I feel bad for you and your son hopefully you and him can do therapy together and one on one as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:19 AM

if my neighbor didn't see anything they would have taken me to jail....

Quoting angkorsaway: Well he is at fault to me. I don't see how you can shield your kid if he attacks you without warning. Therapy is good. The neighbors need to mind their own business.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

angkorsaway
by Platinum Member on Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:21 AM
Is the neighbor calling you a monster? I think I misunderstood.

Quoting angkorsaway: Well he is at fault to me. I don't see how you can shield your kid if he attacks you without warning. Therapy is good. The neighbors need to mind their own business.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 13, 2017 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this

no....

Quoting angkorsaway: Is the neighbor calling you a monster? I think I misunderstood.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)